Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Problem

harmontt

I received a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 for Christmas and I've been having a problem with the "enter" key. Sometimes it registers a continuous press and sometimes it doesn't register at all. It's only been used for 7 days. Does anybody know what the problem could be and if there is a solution?

I don't have any experience with the BlackWidow but I did have a similar situation with some of the keys on my K90 when I first got it, I took them off and put them back on and it hasn't happened since. Don't know what would have caused that and why that fixed it, I guess something just got knocked around during shipping.

From memory that keyboard uses blue switches from memory. The thing that makes the blues tactile is below the activation point on the switch and it could be getting stuck on that causing it to register a continual key press.

If you can get the switch out with out damaging it or breaking it look at it to see what the problem may be. Or you could replace the switch as they are only $2-3 per switch.

From memory that keyboard uses blue switches from memory. The thing that makes the blues tactile is below the activation point on the switch and it could be getting stuck on that causing it to register a continual key press. If you can get the switch out with out damaging it or breaking it look at it to see what the problem may be. Or you could replace the switch as they are only $2-3 per switch.

same suggestion

You can also submit a ticket to razor and meanwhile update the firmware

Have you removed the enter key at all? If not, have a look under it. To remove it, remove the keys all around it, then slowing try and pry it up, be CAREFUL here, there are stabilizers which can be easily broken if not correctly. You need to slowly lift up the key off the switch, and push it back wards ( upwards i believe) Right now you should be able to look under and see the 2 white stabilizers, gently push the bar out from one side, then lift it up and pull to release the other.

This is a very useful guide which i would strongly recommend you read before :).

In summary

Try plugging the keyboard into another port on your motherboard as that may be defective and causing it to register the press more times than it happens.

Take the key of and clean both that and the switch if that doesn't fix it replace the switch in the keyboard if that doesn't fix it then return the keyboard for a replacement or refund.

Definitely take the key off and make sure nothing is obstructing the switch.

I just bought a Razer Black Widow 2013 (non ultimate) a week or so ago (German layout!!!) and I don't have such a problem...my first reaction to this would be to write an email to the razer support and ask what to do (send it back; fix it on your own)...I'm pretty sure they know best whats going on and they can help you fix it!

It had a metal bracket holding the key down, so I took that off and put the cap back on and now it's working fine! Thanks for the help everybody!

Metal bracket? That's really strange for a mechanical keyboard.

It was like a thick metal wire that was attached to the key cap and to the keyboard itself.

I believe the blackwidow ultimate uses slightly modified MX Blue switches. I would contact Razer support for an RMA number.

• 3 months later...

It turned out to be the software that was malfunctioning.  Thanks for the replies!

Metal bracket? That's really strange for a mechanical keyboard.

Seeing as no one picked up on this (and I apparently missed this thread first time round), this isn't strange at all, other than maybe that they're on an iOne keyboard (Razer's OEM). You'll find these on any Costar-made boards, such as Filcos or Quickfire Rapids.