ILLUSTRATOR HELP (first time user)

Tocsin_786

i need to make this on illustrator. my uncle wants to know how well i can do it so i can help him out on his printing business.

idk how to make a refrence grid and in order to get the lines and all that stuff. or the box in the middle or the check boxes and the other stuff. or the lines at the bottom for stuff. basically idk how to do anything on that papaer. i dont need the BIG letters and address and all that or anything above the truck(except the moving date part) 

heres what i need to do. AND PLEASE DONT DO IT FOR ME. though i appreciate it, i need to learn this myself

post-6352-0-35030700-1406847890_thumb.jp

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

it is easier to do this on word you know.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

it is easier to do this on word you know.

i know. but he wants it from illustrator since the business revolves around that if i cant pull this off (which i figured out how to get lines from the ruler. and how to put down texts and the lines and grid. now the only problem is that the ruler is all over the place) i guess ill do it on word.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Uhhh I'd totally love to help you here but it's been at least 2 years since I last used Illustrator. I usually only use Illustrator for vector work, so a majority of my graphic design work was done in photoshop. 

I'm sure you can find quite a few tutorials on how to get those reference lines up, there were keyboard shortcuts I used in Photoshop for that but I'm pretty sure their different in illustrator. Don't give up!

Does this help?

http://www.ehow.com/how_6109985_make-grid-illustrator.html

EDIT: Personally I recommend you use the Ruler and line creation method so its easier to measure to your liking. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Uhhh I'd totally love to help you here but it's been at least 2 years since I last used Illustrator. I usually only use Illustrator for vector work, so a majority of my graphic design work was done in photoshop. 

I'm sure you can find quite a few tutorials on how to get those reference lines up, there were keyboard shortcuts I used in Photoshop for that but I'm pretty sure their different in illustrator. Don't give up!

Does this help?

http://www.ehow.com/how_6109985_make-grid-illustrator.html

EDIT: Personally I recommend you use the Ruler and line creation method so its easier to measure to your liking. 

yea i got how to do everything. the only thing is that the ruler has numbers all over the place. so once i get that figured out im golden. thanks for your time though