Project Ideas

I often get bored as i have a lot of free time and i enjoy coding (particularly javascript) but i always run into the problem of not having any idea what to create.

So I would like this thread to become a place where people can post their ideas for project that they don't have time or even skills to make and hopefully another developer can come along and make it a reality.

Request should include:

• A reasonably detailed description of what the program should do.
  • (optional) The Desired language
  • (optional) The type of program e.g. Windows Program, Web App or CLI tool (Command Line Interface)

Replies/Completed Projects will hopefully be open-source and posted somewhere like github

EDIT: Javascript doesn't hinder what i can create, it's not just used in browsers. With Node-Webkit I can create cross-platform programs/apps for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows. With Phonegap you can create cross-platforms mobile apps. Finally with Espruino I can interact with the real world with a Javascript microcontroller

If you like to solve mathematical problems you should take a look here: https://projecteuler.net/

I have yet to really look into this, but I really like some of the things I saw on there. I believe these will keep you busy for a while.

Learning

If you like to solve mathematical problems you should take a look here: https://projecteuler.net/

I have yet to really look into this, but I really like some of the things I saw on there. I believe these will keep you busy for a while.

Thanks but the topic isn't really programming for programmings sake it's making something for someone to use while having fun programming, but i'll probably do a few anyway.

@MrTimcakes

A browser extension perhaps? There's already a good one for LTT, but if you're active on other forums as well and that they don't have a good extension yet (for notifications of new PMs, replies and other things) it would be a fun and useful project to create. Since you particularly enjoy Javascript it's a plus, I believe that's what you'll use for most of your extension.

It doesn't have to be for a forum, it can be an extension to keep track of things or to do something else that can be useful while browsing.

• 3 weeks later...

I've decided I'm gonna start work on a temporary Image sharing site, sort of like snapchat but for web-browsers as i often find my self wanting to send a friend a picture that they should only be able to view for a few seconds. I'll post updates soon

I've decided I'm gonna start work on a temporary Image sharing site, sort of like snapchat but for web-browsers as i often find my self wanting to send a friend a picture that they should only be able to view for a few seconds. I'll post updates soon

Cool, I am interested in seeing what you make of it.

Learning