PS4 VS Xbox ONE (just discussion)

So the whole Xbox ONE VS PS4 thing is going on and so I thought I would throw my self into this battle and hopefully get somethings across.
1: PS4 is going to be using a AMD 8 core APU (Xbox will as well) that is a graphics card and CPU built into one. The factor here is that supplying the APU is 8GB's of GDDR5 memory (ram) and that right their is what will benefit it in Graphics because GDDR5 has much higher bandwidth.
2: the Xbox ONE has the same 8 core APU as the PS4 but is at a lower clock speed, 1.6GHZ apposed to 2.0GHZ by the PS4. The Xbox will have 8GB of DDR 3 memory. This benefits the CPU much more than the GPU (Graphics processing unit). DDR 3 is much fast at sending and receiving data than GDDR5.
3: PS4 will be supporting 4K resolutions or what is next generation 1080P or "ultra HD" but this will only be for movies and video playback.
4: Xbox will be more media centered like always.

most all games (but COD and some indie) play at 30FPS LOCKED on consoles at 720P and next gen would be 1080P LOCKED at 30FPS.

Benefits to PC are as followed: 
1: Better support and up-grade ability.
2: Cheaper games (Steam)
3: More games
4: Free games
5: No locked FPS
6: Can be changed 3 years from now

What are your thoughts from here? Did I miss anything of real value? ANd also iw ould like to make a nice discussion thread about the benefits of all three (Xbox ONE, PS4, and PC) and the disadvantages. 

And incase any of just want to sit here and look at something. HERE'S GIR!

post-8342-0-22082800-1369296421.gif

The main advantage of a console is - just put the disc in and after a minute you are playing. This is the main reason why i have a console. I am a casual gamer and don't really care for graphics and stuff, i care about gameplay. PC gamers can start the hate now :D

EDIT: All i play is FIFA and GTA and GT6. So yeah console is better for my case :)

Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it isn't my native language :)

As far as I know both ps4 and xbox one use the same clock speed (1.6GHz), the difference is that the gpu integrated in the PS4's APU is more powerful than the one included in Xbox One.

The ram Informations you are posted are correct, PS4 uses 8GB GDDR5 clocked at 5500MHz while Xbox One is packed with 8GB DDR3 at 2133MHz, Microsoft also included 32MB of eSRAM in the system.

The last time I heard news about the consoles and 4K resolution it was that both consoles will not support it, can you link me to your sources? (this news could be deal breaking)

One last thing: are you sure about ps4 and xbox one being locked at 30 fps? I'm pretty sure I heard otherwise from both sides (and not only related to CoD).

I apologize for my English.

The PS4 will be generally faster due to the GDDR5 memory, the GPU will benefit greatly from this.

Yeah but the eSRAM will offload some of the requests from the memory bus if used as a cache. The embedded SRAM can give the GPU much more bandwidth than the 256-bit DDR3 2133MHz memory interface by itself. So it depends really how the eSRAM will be managed. In some cases it can be comparable to the effective memory bandwidth of the PS4.

A few megs of SRAM isn't enough to load an entire game into though.

As i said it will offload only a portion of the requests to the memory bus (just a cache). So 32 MB is enough for frame buffer in that case.

EDIT: I also think that PS4 is better for gaming but we shouldn't underestimate XBox just now. My opinion is that game developers will create their content on the XBox (as it will be most likely the least powerful) and then port it to PS4 and PC. Don't think any developer will put more money in tweaking the game especially for PS4 to make it use the hardware the most. That is how the things were till now. I doubt it will be any different from now on.

As far as I know both ps4 and xbox one use the same clock speed (1.6GHz), the difference is that the gpu integrated in the PS4's APU is more powerful than the one included in Xbox One.

The ram Informations you are posted are correct, PS4 uses 8GB GDDR5 clocked at 5500MHz while Xbox One is packed with 8GB DDR3 at 2133MHz, Microsoft also included 32MB of eSRAM in the system.

The last time I heard news about the consoles and 4K resolution it was that both consoles will not support it, can you link me to your sources? (this news could be deal breaking)

One last thing: are you sure about ps4 and xbox one being locked at 30 fps? I'm pretty sure I heard otherwise from both sides (and not only related to CoD).

I apologize for my English.

i heard about this and if what you are saying is true then i guess it's kinda game-over already. about the fps, i heard it was 60 (not sure and certainly don't pin me on that) altough that would be suprizing for a console, yet very very vool.

Main:Corsair Obsidian 650D||Corsair AX1200||Asus Rampage IV-E||Intel I7 3930K@4,8Ghz||16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133C9||Asus GTX680 DCUIITOP SLI||full costum waterloop||Cosair Force GT 240GB||2x2.5" WD Black 750GB
bench; Dimastech bench||Corsair HX750||Asus Maximus IV Gene||Intel I7 2600K@4,5Ghz||8Gb Corsair Dominator GT 1866C9||Asus GTX660Ti||XSPC costum waterloop||Corsair Force 3 120GB||4x2TB HDD
Laptop: Apple Macbook Pro 15" 2012

The only thing that makes me wanna buy a PS4 are for the JRPG's (Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, and etc.) since the PC Gaming Industry extremely lacks it. I'll never even consider buying a Xbox One since FPS games are much, much more fun to play on a PC.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

The main advantage of a console is - just put the disc in and after a minute you are playing. This is the main reason why i have a console. I am a casual gamer and don't really care for graphics and stuff, i care about gameplay. PC gamers can start the hate now :D

EDIT: All i play is FIFA and GTA and GT6. So yeah console is better for my case :)

yea, waiting for gtav to come to pc is killing me :(

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015