Gaming system dilemma

SHiFT

What is your budget and location ?

Are you looking for a pre-built or can you build yourself ?

UK and probably around 1000-1500 pound, but not 100% sure if I be able to get a system configured online.

Cant build myself, no experience.

I'm streaming every day, many AAA games, to entertain people and to get a hang of games that others are unable to play or want to see before they buy. 

Check my profile for my ultimate rig! http://linustechtips.com/main/user/109708-shift/

UK and probably around 1000-1500 pound, but not 100% sure if I be able to get a system configured online.

Cant build myself, no experience.

Do you just need the tower for that budget ? or do you need a monitor, mouse, keyboard and windows as well ?

Do you just need the tower for that budget ? or do you need a monitor, mouse, keyboard and windows as well ?

Everything. 1920x1080 monitor, keyboard and a mouse. And probably Windows too, I dont wanna go for cracked as I ad bad experience with it.

The one I listed above with the 780 and 4770K has everything for that price.

But you could help me out I assume.

I'm streaming every day, many AAA games, to entertain people and to get a hang of games that others are unable to play or want to see before they buy. 

Check my profile for my ultimate rig! http://linustechtips.com/main/user/109708-shift/

Everything. 1920x1080 monitor, keyboard and a mouse. And probably Windows too, I dont wanna go for cracked as I ad bad experience with it.

The one I listed above with the 780 and 4770K has everything for that price.

But you could help me out I assume.

I can knock up a spec for you with parts from Overclockers UK. If you purchase the parts through them, then they can build the pc for you. You can buy the Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard and Windows elsewhere if you can get them cheaper  :)

I can knock up a spec for you with parts from Overclockers UK. If you purchase the parts through them, then they can build the pc for you. You can buy the Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard and Windows elsewhere if you can get them cheaper  :)

Sure, would be good if it was everything with peripherals and OS. OCUK seemed pretty expensive tho, however you can try. Would appriciate it.

Sure, would be good if it was everything with peripherals and OS. OCUK seemed pretty expensive tho, however you can try. Would appriciate it.

Yeah they can be expensive for some things. They offer a great service though. Like I said you would probably be better off buying the peripherals, monitor and windows elsewhere as you will get them cheaper. You could just buy the 'Tower' from OCUK.

Anyway here is a rough spec with everything included. I changed the gpu to a R9 290, as they offer the same performance as a GTX 780 but for less money.

I think they charge around £60+ for a system build.

YOUR BASKET

1 x Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 - Devils Canyon Core i7 4790K CPU & Motherboard Bundle **£43 Saving**  £351.98

1 x MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming Edition 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card  £299.99

1 x AOC G2460PQU 24" Widescreen 144Hz 1ms Gaming LED Monitor - Gunmetal  £199.99

1 x EVGA SuperNova G2 850W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply  £99.95

1 x Phanteks Enthoo Pro Mid Tower Enthusiast Case with Window  £89.99

1 x Crucial MX100 256GB SATA 2.5” 7mm SSD + 9.5mm Adapter (CT256MX100SSD1)  £79.99

1 x Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-Bit DVD - OEM (WN7-00614)  £74.99

1 x Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB) PC3-17100C11 2133MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black/Red (HX21C11BRK2/8-OC)  £65.99

1 x Corsair Vengeance M65 Laser Gaming Mouse - Black (CH-9000022-EU)  £52.99

1 x Corsair Raptor K40 Gaming Keyboard (CH-9000051-UK)  £49.99

1 x Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache WD10EZEX - OEM ** Single Platter ** HDD  £41.98

1 x Raijintek EreBoss High Peformance CPU Cooler Black  £29.99

1 x Pioneer 24x Internal DVR-221LBK DVD Rewriter - OEM  £13.49

Total : £1,469.00 (includes shipping : £14.75).

BU-005-GI_60.jpg GX-239-MS_60.jpg MO-007-AO_60.jpg CA-013-EA_60.jpg CA-002-PT_60.jpg HD-036-CR_60.jpg SW-165-MS_60.jpg MY-175-KS_60.jpg KB-005-CS_60.jpg KB-018-CS_60.jpg HD-366-WD_60.jpg HS-014-RT_60.jpg CD-084-PO_60.jpg

Yeah they can be expensive for some things. They offer a great service though. Like I said you would probably be better off buying the peripherals, monitor and windows elsewhere as you will get them cheaper. You could just buy the 'Tower' from OCUK.

Anyway here is a rough spec with everything included. I changed the gpu to a R9 290, as they offer the same performance as a GTX 780 but for less money.

I think they charge around £60+ for a system build.

YOUR BASKET

1 x Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 - Devils Canyon Core i7 4790K CPU & Motherboard Bundle **£43 Saving**  £351.98

1 x MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming Edition 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card  £299.99

1 x AOC G2460PQU 24" Widescreen 144Hz 1ms Gaming LED Monitor - Gunmetal  £199.99

1 x EVGA SuperNova G2 850W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply  £99.95

1 x Phanteks Enthoo Pro Mid Tower Enthusiast Case with Window  £89.99

1 x Crucial MX100 256GB SATA 2.5” 7mm SSD + 9.5mm Adapter (CT256MX100SSD1)  £79.99

1 x Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-Bit DVD - OEM (WN7-00614)  £74.99

1 x Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB) PC3-17100C11 2133MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black/Red (HX21C11BRK2/8-OC)  £65.99

1 x Corsair Vengeance M65 Laser Gaming Mouse - Black (CH-9000022-EU)  £52.99

1 x Corsair Raptor K40 Gaming Keyboard (CH-9000051-UK)  £49.99

1 x Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache WD10EZEX - OEM ** Single Platter ** HDD  £41.98

1 x Raijintek EreBoss High Peformance CPU Cooler Black  £29.99

1 x Pioneer 24x Internal DVR-221LBK DVD Rewriter - OEM  £13.49

Total : £1,469.00 (includes shipping : £14.75).

BU-005-GI_60.jpg GX-239-MS_60.jpg MO-007-AO_60.jpg CA-013-EA_60.jpg CA-002-PT_60.jpg HD-036-CR_60.jpg SW-165-MS_60.jpg MY-175-KS_60.jpg KB-005-CS_60.jpg KB-018-CS_60.jpg HD-366-WD_60.jpg HS-014-RT_60.jpg CD-084-PO_60.jpg

Yea, thats not so bad, however does that GPU outperform a Gigabyte GTX 780 GHz edition for instance? Also, a 780 Ti perhaps?

Yea, thats not so bad, however does that GPU outperform a Gigabyte GTX 780 GHz edition for instance? Also, a 780 Ti perhaps?

There won't be much between R9 290 and GTX 780 gpu's although some games work better on Nvidia and some on AMD. You would need a R9 290X to match a GTX 780 ti. You can overclock the 290 card anyway as it is made easy these days. Most gpu's come with software to auto overclock.

The thing is, if you are only gaming at 1080P then a R9 290 will chew through almost anything. There will be the 'odd' game that won't perform well, but that is more down to the game being poorly optimised (Hello Watchdogs  :) )

There won't be much between R9 290 and GTX 780 gpu's although some games work better on Nvidia and some on AMD. You would need a R9 290X to match a GTX 780 ti. You can overclock the 290 card anyway as it is made easy these days. Most gpu's come with software to auto overclock.

The thing is, if you are only gaming at 1080P then a R9 290 will chew through almost anything. There will be the 'odd' game that won't perform well, but that is more down to the game being poorly optimised (Hello Watchdogs  :) )

Yea, it looks nice, and will keep it in mind when the time comes ^^

Also, I might as well just order the PC from a trusted Austrian company, cheaper prices.

Yea, it looks nice, and will keep it in mind when the time comes ^^

Also, I might as well just order the PC from a trusted Austrian company, cheaper prices.

Are you located there or in NI ?

Are you located there or in NI ?

In Northern Ireland, its just free delivery across the UK.

They offer much higher quality and cheaper pre-built systems than what I found here - yet to decide where to get it from, etc. Also finance is an issue. It is TBD at the end of August.

In Northern Ireland, its just free delivery across the UK.

They offer much higher quality and cheaper pre-built systems than what I found here - yet to decide where to get it from, etc. Also finance is an issue. It is TBD at the end of August.

As long as they cover return postage for any faulty items, then I guess it is a good idea, especially if you can save money. It might get expensive though if you have to return the pc back to austria if it develops a fault, but if they offer a collection service then you shouldn't have any issues.

I would just make sure that they use the same 'Quality' components as in my spec. i.e Good branded psu, motherboard etc. Some pre-builds can skimp out on certain components to bring the companies cost down, whilst still charging a premium to the customer.

As long as they cover return postage for any faulty items, then I guess it is a good idea, especially if you can save money. It might get expensive though if you have to return the pc back to austria if it develops a fault, but if they offer a collection service then you shouldn't have any issues.

I would just make sure that they use the same 'Quality' components as in my spec. i.e Good branded psu, motherboard etc. Some pre-builds can skimp out on certain components to bring the companies cost down, whilst still charging a premium to the customer.

So you say that I shouldnt go for Bronze 80+ PSU from Seasonic or is that good nuff for the time being?

Sent you a PM, continue there :P