Rig Upgrade.

So I'm going to upgrade my rig from an itx to a atx system.

Current system: 

Cpu:    Intel i7 4770K
  • Motherboard
    Asus mini itx z87- Pro
  • RAM
    8gb
  • GPU
    AMD R9 290 Sapphire Ref cooler.
  • Case
    Bitfenix Prodigy ITX
  • Storage
    250gb Samsung evo.
  • PSU
    760 corsair platinum
  • Cooling
    Corair H100i
  • windows 8.1

Upgrades: Budget of £300+

Motherboard: Asus Z97 Deluxe Intel Z97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard 
if z97 will work with my 4770k that is. also im unsure about this board there might be better options.

Case: Phanteks enthoo luxe. 

My reason for the mobo is that it has good features and two gigabit intel Lan ports which i assume can be used for link aggregation to my nas. Can you think of a better mobo with two intel lans? or would i be better off buying a card to do link aggregation off of?? 

Things i want from a mobo:
overclocking
ac wifi
2 Lans (unless a card is better)
Fan controls
crossfire

My reasons for the case are that it looks great has a nice window. good support for water cooling will do that later on. Can you think of a better case? 

•  

If you read the same things as others and say the same things they say, then you're perceived as intelligent.

I'm a bit more radical... Woz

I can't really think of a better motherboard that has two ethernet ports, but I can tell you that it is compatible with the 4770K.

As for the case, it is a pretty damn good case. If you like it, I can't really think of a reason to get it. Only other case that I think might be as good would be the Enthoo Pro, but I'm not sure if the watercooling is as good or better, and if you would like the looks of it more (haven't looked at the case in quite some time).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I can't really think of a better motherboard that has two ethernet ports, but I can tell you that it is compatible with the 4770K.

As for the case, it is a pretty damn good case. If you like it, I can't really think of a reason to get it. Only other case that I think might be as good would be the Enthoo Pro, but I'm not sure if the watercooling is as good or better, and if you would like the looks of it more (haven't looked at the case in quite some time).

Thanks, i thought i wasnt sure if it worked. this is my first upgrade. 

The Maximus VII Formula looks good but i don't think its got two Lans. 

If you read the same things as others and say the same things they say, then you're perceived as intelligent.

first thing is your speeds to your nas at least 100mBps as if the speed is slower the nas or switch is the bottleneck not your system. I think the price is not worth it for just one more lan port.

first thing is your speeds to your nas at least 100mBps as if the speed is slower the nas or switch is the bottleneck not your system. I think the price is not worth it for just one more lan port.

Yeah its at 96Mb's now and ive stil lgot to tinker with some of the setting to make it faster. 

Would anyone recommend the asus Maximus VII Formula z97 board with a intel nic instead of the deluxe? 

Yeah its at 96Mb's now and ive stil lgot to tinker with some of the setting to make it faster. 

Would anyone recommend the asus Maximus VII Formula z97 board with a intel nic instead of the deluxe? 

or get a cheap z97 and a good server quad port nic like

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106050

I'm not against spending money on a board I just want it to be a good one. As I won't be changing it for a year or two. I'm going to look at a few intel nic's and see if the deluxe supports link aggration. I think I'm swaying towards the formula as it looks nice would match my gpu and it would be good for water cooling when I get round to it. The one Ethernet port puts me off though, so going to look at cards before I make a decision.

I'm not against spending money on a board I just want it to be a good one. As I won't be changing it for a year or two. I'm going to look at a few intel nic's and see if the deluxe supports link aggration. I think I'm swaying towards the formula as it looks nice would match my gpu and it would be good for water cooling when I get round to it. The one Ethernet port puts me off though, so going to look at cards before I make a decision.