Buying a keyboard in the next 6 hours, help me decide :D

CCap

Hello

As the title implicates I am going to be buying a new keyboard in the next six hours! Now I bet you're wondering, "CCap, why six hours? Why not seven or eight, or why not take your time?" Hah, I thought you'd ask that question! 

You see, Massdrop currently is running a deal on the CODE Keyboard from wasdkeyboards.com and since I thought I'd try out Cherry MX Clears, I thought 'what other options do I really have?' Then, in the 'recommended' section, I saw the Ducky Shine 3 was also on massdrop for nearly the same price (which isn't MX Clear, but it's a ducky). At this point, I was torn. DK9008 Shine 3 or CODE? To make matters worse I was looking on banggood and found this beaut' with MX Clears, (whites). From there, I noticed they also had Poker II's for sale, and I thought that if I'd consider the ducky, (which doesn't come in clears), I have to consider the poker II.

So now I'm left in a bit of a tight situation. 

Things to consider:

• Right now I'm out of a keyboard, my other one has shorted on me, so I'm required to use an old Chiclet keyboard that is missing certain keys, so I have to hit the little rubber parts that stick out. (I went from 130+ wpm to 40, it is driving me nuts). Pretty much, I am going to want to get this keyboard as soon as possible, which is why I'm sort of ruling out buying a code from massdrop, and maybe just buying it directly from WASD and not saving the $30.
  • I'd like to try out MX Clears if I can, but I also really love ducky keyboards. They have some of the coolest lighting features available, (right now at least, the K70 RGB will take that title once it's actually released, which might not happen in a while), and they're renowned for excellent build quality. I haven't been able find them in stock for a while, and maybe this is my change to get one.
  • I'm not opposed to trying out mini-keyboards anymore. I used to think that it would be an awful experience, but after looking at some of the reviews for the poker II and how great everyone thinks it is, it's definitely worth a try. The problem with the Poker II is that I can't find it anywhere with MX Clears, and I don't know if they were ever even manufactured with MX Clears. Then again, the lack of F-keys and other things would be a pretty big leap for me, so that's why I really like this keycool keyboard I found on banggood.com (linksy), it's MX clear, it has F-keys, and has the main keys such as delete, insert, home, end, and pUP and pDown. I'd definitely have to get a USB keypad though, I'd be open to recommendations of a good quality one. EDIT: Now that I look at it, is this just a printing error by banggood or is this a different keyswitch entirely? They claim that they keyswitch is not tactile, which if you know anything about MX Clears, they're a stiffer version of browns, with a touch more noise and more of a bump. Hmm..

I am open to whatever suggestions you have, and I made a poll up above for you guys to vote on. Thank you for your time, and if you made it all the way to the end, you get this

TL;DR Just answer the poll and help me decide what to get. d;

//ccap

Get the Ducky. 

Ducky keyboards are never a wrong buy, I would get them if I could.

I really love the look and minimalism of WASD Code... but they are only available in the US layout :angry:  (Fuck you WASD :P )

If you buy direct from WASD you can pick any layout. Forgot we are talking about the code, but they did add MX clears to the V2 (same thing w/ no backlight)

Edited by Panda689

The thing is, if I go with the ducky from Massdrop, I mind as well just wait for the K70 RGB from corsair. Right? They were (according to Newegg.TV's video) supposed to come out in june/july, and it's already almost august, so they should be released any day now. Shouldn't I just wait? Or get the ducky anyways?

//ccap

The thing is, if I go with the ducky from Massdrop, I mind as well just wait for the K70 RGB from corsair. Right? They were (according to Newegg.TV's video) supposed to come out in june/july, and it's already almost august, so they should be released any day now. Shouldn't I just wait? Or get the ducky anyways?

K70 RGB is delayed. If you want a mechanical keyboard now I would just get the Ducky.