Sapphire HD 7950

_TechPuppet_

I have the Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X and just wanted to see if other owners loved theirs as much as I do.

I have had this card for almost three months now and already fell in love with it. It's quiet, stays super cool, amazingly cool, and overclocks quite well.

Anyone planning on getting this card, I want to hear your input too, why you want to get the card and what made you consider it.

Give opinions and comments; please no trolling.

Well I am considering a build in a few months and I'm in the process of choosing what to pair with a 3700k. The Sapphire 7950 is a contender but I'm not too sure yet. I mean it cools great but the Twin Frozr cards are beast like.

7950 is great value for performance though.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I had issues with my 7870 XT from Sapphire :( Coil whine.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

I didn't really like this card because it has bad VRM cooling from what I have heard.

So far I've had no issues, and it's completely silent.

I had issues with my 7870 XT from Sapphire :( Coil whine.

Well, with coil wine it's usually a manufacturer's problem, it can happen with any product, with any company. So I wouldn't tread away from Sapphires too quickly.

I put one of them into my cousins system and I'm glad to hear that i made the right decision!

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Owned one, imba satisfied customer.

My unit have no issue what so ever with VRM cooling. Max stable core clock@1175mhz, VRM only get to 76c while core maintained around 68c.

Coil whine? Yes, only when FPS sky rocket over 1k. Use MSI Afterburner to global limit FPS to 200, problem solved.

For what its worth, i paid around $330 for the card 5 months ago and with a little bit of photochop prowess i managed to get 6 games with it. :P

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

^ Judge urself, this how it look like in my messy rig. Not really bright imo.

YvQeAFx.jpg

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I'm considering one myself, is the LED lit sapphire logo bright enough ?

I've also heard that some of the older 7950 vapor-x cards had VRM cooling issues.

It's moderate lighting. It's more than a strong glow but softer than a bright light. Looks nice.

As for any cooling issues, I've had no issues. I've heard that the older 7950's were pretty decent and it wasn't until they started remaking them that they started having issues.