MMO Mouse - G600 / Naga 2014 vs. Corsair M95

Hello! I'm planning to buy a new MMO-oriented mouse for the ease using programmable keys on programs like Photoshop and After Effects, as well as to play some MMO's. I've come to a decision between the Logitech G600, Razer Naga 2014 and the Corsair M95. I've only tried out the Naga 2014 on display, and the prices are all similar (except if I wanted a white G600 for $60). Currently I am using a cheap Logitech M100, which I'm actually fond and used to.

Firstly I don't know how responsive and clicky the buttons are on the G600, and whether to go for the G600's Ring-Click or the mechanical buttons on the Naga.To me, the G600 and the Naga 2014 feel like the same mouse. My only concern is the clicky-ness and responsiveness of the thumb buttons on the G600, as the Naga 2014 uses mechanical buttons which I loved when I sampled. On the other hand, the G600's ring-click would be very helpful. If the responsiveness is okay on the G600, then the Naga is out of the question.

Secondly, the Corsair M95 looks like a mouse I'm either going to love or hate. I use a somewhat claw grip on the Logitech M100 (not super high off the mouse, but not palming it), and I don't know if the M95 is good with a claw grip at all. I also don't know the responsiveness of the thumb buttons either, as with its layout a spongy key would seem like a bad choice. On the other hand, the space in the middle is very helpful, and I think I like the layout if my hand were to fit it right. Insight on the Corsair M95 would be helpful, it's like a gamble on a mystical beast whether it exists or not :P.

All help is appreciated, thanks!

After trying the G600 in a store and using a 2014 Naga for some gameplay, I would say take the Naga of those two. They side buttons on the G600 were stiff. Too stiff for me because I play on high dpi and the pressing force would mess up my aim.

IDK about the Corsair but I like the look of it. Might pick one up just for kicks.

Also the G600 criticism coming from me is surprising. I usually will be quick to beat down on Razer for poor quality, but the G600 feels like a very old mouse, which it is with respect to the other Logitch and Razer mice for the price.

TL;DR Naga > G600 IDK about Corsair yet

*edit: also IDK about your grip type and hand size, but for me the Ring Click on the G600 messes up my grip (small hands). I palm/fingertip grip the Naga and my dominant finger for moving it is my ring finger against that finger rest. During my G600 test I ended up pressing the ring click by accident a lot when moving the mouse down. This may not be an issue depending on your grip and hand size though.

Git Gud.

I would say the G600, I really like Logitech Mice and the Logitech software allows for lots of customization.  

But then again, it really comes down to what you like, if you feel the naga's thumb buttons are gonna give you a lead in your mmo gaming, then damn go for it :) 

After trying the G600 in a store and using a 2014 Naga for some gameplay, I would say take the Naga of those two. They side buttons on the G600 were stiff. Too stiff for me because I play on high dpi and the pressing force would mess up my aim.

IDK about the Corsair but I like the look of it. Might pick one up just for kicks.

Also the G600 criticism coming from me is surprising. I usually will be quick to beat down on Razer for poor quality, but the G600 feels like a very old mouse, which it is with respect to the other Logitch and Razer mice for the price.

I have quite a few Razer products and I find them to be pretty high quality, I find my blackwidow feels more rigid than my G710+ thats for sure.  

Logitech G600 is good and better then Razer Naga. i have my Razer Naga for 2 years and it die on me and i can't get the warranty because it pass the warranty. that piss me off. my Logitech G5 mouse last longer then the Razer Naga mmo mouse

The 2014 Naga is similar to the G600 in a lot of aspects, but buttons are not that stiff. The G600 actually breaks in after a while, but IMO the 2014 Naga does better.

The 2012 Naga is inferior to both, and I haven't tried the Corsair m95

*edit: also IDK about your grip type and hand size, but for me the Ring Click on the G600 messes up my grip (small hands). I palm/fingertip grip the Naga and my dominant finger for moving it is my ring finger against that finger rest. During my G600 test I ended up pressing the ring click by accident a lot when moving the mouse down. This may not be an issue depending on your grip and hand size though.

Ah okay. I haven't have seen much criticism on the Corsair M95, which is why I call it the mystical beast of the three, not knowing if its good or not. I have bigger hands and I'll probably use lower sensitivity / DPI, so how stiff it is may not bother me but at least I know its not mushy. Was the G600 responsive, however? Feedback is appreciated :) 

I would say the G600, I really like Logitech Mice and the Logitech software allows for lots of customization.  

But then again, it really comes down to what you like, if you feel the naga's thumb buttons are gonna give you a lead in your mmo gaming, then damn go for it :)

Yeah, feature-wise the G600 looks like a great option, but sadly I don't have experience with it's buttons. Software isn't as big on my mind, but again it's a choice between mechanical keys or ring-click and other features. Any opinion on the M95? Help is appreciated either way, thanks! :D

Yeah, feature-wise the G600 looks like a great option, but sadly I don't have experience with it's buttons. Software isn't as big on my mind, but again it's a choice between mechanical keys or ring-click and other features. Any opinion on the M95? Help is appreciated either way, thanks! :D

never used any Corsair peripherals sorry, but it looks good.  I'd still recommend either the naga or G600. I personally would go for G600 if you wanted to just get something that worked and is made high quality and stuff, Razer makes good products but I've heard allot of failures like electronic failures with their Naga's, so really up to you.  I'm sure Razer support could solve it for you, but personally I would go for the G600.  

Mice is a really custom thing where you cant buy a mouse because someone else says it feels good for them, it really depends on what your grip is and stuff. 

The 2014 Naga is similar to the G600 in a lot of aspects, but buttons are not that stiff. The G600 actually breaks in after a while, but IMO the 2014 Naga does better.

The 2012 Naga is inferior to both, and I haven't tried the Corsair m95

Its nice to hear that the buttons on the G600 work well at least. I also agree that the Naga 2012 is inferior, as its kind of the example of a mouse that I would not buy (mushy, almost undefined buttons, odd shape). My problems with the Naga 2014 is that the buttons are a tad on the small side, and by pictures the buttons look bigger not the G600. It also lacks the ring-click, which seems helpful. I still wish feedback on the M95 was a bit more in-depth and common as the others, as not many seem to know or use it. Thanks for the help :)

never used any Corsair peripherals sorry, but it looks good.  I'd still recommend either the naga or G600. I personally would go for G600 if you wanted to just get something that worked and is made high quality and stuff, Razer makes good products but I've heard allot of failures like electronic failures with their Naga's, so really up to you.  I'm sure Razer support could solve it for you, but personally I would go for the G600.  

Mice is a really custom thing where you cant buy a mouse because someone else says it feels good for them, it really depends on what your grip is and stuff. 

Yeah... I wish they made it so we could somehow sample mice in-store. I was able to do so using the display at Canada Computers, but that's about it. They could use open-box packaging with a plastic-wrapped product er something, but choosing a product to suit you from other's opinions is kinda hard :/

I'm leaning towards the G600 over the Naga 2014, hopefully I can see the layout in person someday. The M95 still remains a mystery, however.

Yeah... I wish they made it so we could somehow sample mice in-store. I was able to do so using the display at Canada Computers, but that's about it. They could use open-box packaging with a plastic-wrapped product er something, but choosing a product to suit you from other's opinions is kinda hard :/

I'm leaning towards the G600 over the Naga 2014, hopefully I can see the layout in person someday. The M95 still remains a mystery, however.

yeah, either way I think the G600 is the better one anyways.  

I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but heres a video tek syndicate made about the G600

when i try the logitech g700s i fall in love with it just take time to get used to it. then i buy the g600 i like it a lot it take time to get used too

I would either go with the naga 2014 or the m95. m95 if you are going to play anything other than mmos or have a very stiff grip. The only reason to get the logitech one is if you REALLY want full rgb leds.

Its nice to hear that the buttons on the G600 work well at least. I also agree that the Naga 2012 is inferior, as its kind of the example of a mouse that I would not buy (mushy, almost undefined buttons, odd shape). My problems with the Naga 2014 is that the buttons are a tad on the small side, and by pictures the buttons look bigger not the G600. It also lacks the ring-click, which seems helpful. I still wish feedback on the M95 was a bit more in-depth and common as the others, as not many seem to know or use it. Thanks for the help :)

You are correct, the buttons on the G600 are slightly bigger once you put them side by side, but I don't think the difference is that big, at least for me.

The buttons on the Naga 2014 are like "mx browns" but on a mouse, they have that same clicky little noise and pleasant press. The G600 buttons also feel like clicky switches but they are a bit less mushy. both mouses have the buttons on the correct shape and positions.

The main difference is the 3rd finger button the G600 has, it's a another type of keybind you can have, it's soft when you press it, like the left and right (should I say middle) mouse buttons. The problem I had with the extra 'click' was that I was pressing it by accident a couple of times when I had to use the left side buttons consecutively; having to press them with my thumb pushed the mouse to the right side, where the extra click is. Once you get used to the mouse and after it softens up a bit, you will not accidentally press the extra click as much, and I ended up having good control of it when I wanted to press it.

My G600 had an accident and is not with me anymore, so I'm using my older 2012 Naga, that is still kicking butts. My brother has the Naga 2014.

yeah, either way I think the G600 is the better one anyways.  

I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but heres a video tek syndicate made about the G600

Yeah, it shows features that beat out the G600 over the older Naga. But the newer Naga's shape and buttons is it's only persuasion point at the moment. Thanks though :D!

Yeah, it shows features that beat out the G600 over the older Naga. But the newer Naga's shape and buttons is it's only persuasion point at the moment. Thanks though :D!

Your welcome.  

I would either go with the naga 2014 or the m95. m95 if you are going to play anything other than mmos or have a very stiff grip. The only reason to get the logitech one is if you REALLY want full rgb leds.

I honestly don't care as much for aesthetics, non of the less RGB LEDs. LED numbered keys are a bonus anyway. How is the M95 is for "anything other than mmos" or for stiff grips, by the way? I'm still really curious on the M95 as not much people seem to know about it.

It seems the deciding factor relies on either if I find info on the mysterious M95, or I can somehow sample a G600.

You are correct, the buttons on the G600 are slightly bigger once you put them side by side, but I don't think the difference is that big, at least for me.

The buttons on the Naga 2014 are like "mx browns" but on a mouse, they have that same clicky little noise and pleasant press. The G600 buttons also feel like clicky switches but they are a bit less mushy. both mouses have the buttons on the correct shape and positions.

The main difference is the 3rd finger button the G600 has, it's a another type of keybind you can have, it's soft when you press it, like the left and right (should I say middle) mouse buttons. The problem I had with the extra 'click' was that I was pressing it by accident a couple of times when I had to use the left side buttons consecutively; having to press them with my thumb pushed the mouse to the right side, where the extra click is. Once you get used to the mouse and after it softens up a bit, you will not accidentally press the extra click as much, and I ended up having good control of it when I wanted to press it.

My G600 had an accident and is not with me anymore, so I'm using my older 2012 Naga, that is still kicking butts. My brother has the Naga 2014.

Ah okay.

My hand is rather big, so the buttons may be a deal depending if I see the G600 in person. Also, when I used the Naga 2014, I could feel where the ring finger click (3rd click, as you say), would be on the G600 and how I imagine using it. It doesn't seem as much as a problem for accidental pressing, but it may be when I get my hands on it (especially due to me being used to ambidextrous mice). Thanks for the input anyways :)

I honestly don't care as much for aesthetics, non of the less RGB LEDs. LED numbered keys are a bonus anyway. How is the M95 is for "anything other than mmos" or for stiff grips, by the way? I'm still really curious on the M95 as not much people seem to know about it.

It seems the deciding factor relies on either if I find info on the mysterious M95, or I can somehow sample a G600.

Ok so the m95 has a nice area to put your thumb with no buttons (m95 only has 9 buttons on the side opposed to the 12 the naga and g600 have). With my naga i will on occasion accidentally press one of the buttons while moving my mouse. it does have less buttons than the naga and g600, but it feels a bit better. The g600 has i think 1 more button than the naga, it might be more, but the buttons on the side are a bit stiff and don't feel as nice as the naga 2014. Right now i only have the normal naga which has harder buttons to push than the 2014 version, so if you do have a hard grip you will without a doubt press the buttons on the 2014 very regularly. The m95 buttons don't feel as nice as the naga 2014 but are better than the g600. It is a great middle of the road mouse.

Just thought i should mention that i really only use 9 of the buttons on my naga and don't mmo that much anymore. When i did mmo the 12 on the side was amazing but on the other games i play the extra 3 buttons are truly annoying.

Ah okay. I haven't have seen much criticism on the Corsair M95, which is why I call it the mystical beast of the three, not knowing if its good or not. I have bigger hands and I'll probably use lower sensitivity / DPI, so how stiff it is may not bother me but at least I know its not mushy. Was the G600 responsive, however? Feedback is appreciated :)

Yeah the G600 tracks very well, for sure. All the Logitech stuff does. And I do prefer Logitech software for keybinding over Synapse, hands down.

The Naga 2014 supports lift-off sensitivity which I like, so I prefer that. (When you pick it up far enough, the sensor shuts off. Great for small desk space.)

If it is true that the G600 breaks in after a while, I would say give it a try. If it ends up working well, the software is miles ahead of Razer Synapse and you'll have that cool ring click.

The closest "new" mouse to the G600 is the G602, but you lose a ton of buttons, plus the G602 buttons I tried in the store were even stiffer than the G600, so I think it's a G600 vs Naga 2014 for that config.

Git Gud.

Ok so the m95 has a nice area to put your thumb with no buttons (m95 only has 9 buttons on the side opposed to the 12 the naga and g600 have). With my naga i will on occasion accidentally press one of the buttons while moving my mouse. it does have less buttons than the naga and g600, but it feels a bit better. The g600 has i think 1 more button than the naga, it might be more, but the buttons on the side are a bit stiff and don't feel as nice as the naga 2014. Right now i only have the normal naga which has harder buttons to push than the 2014 version, so if you do have a hard grip you will without a doubt press the buttons on the 2014 very regularly. The m95 buttons don't feel as nice as the naga 2014 but are better than the g600. It is a great middle of the road mouse.

Just thought i should mention that i really only use 9 of the buttons on my naga and don't mmo that much anymore. When i did mmo the 12 on the side was amazing but on the other games i play the extra 3 buttons are truly annoying.

Okay than. 

I like the design of the M95, and I'm now just hoping it fits my hand properly (I claw grip the Logitech M100, about the same size ambidextrous mouse). I won't be needing 12 buttons, and 9 is enough for me (but I will probably need 6, which is why the Naga Hex is out of the question). Basically, if my hand fits the M95, then I'm probably going straight for it.

As for the G600, it does have an additional button (the ring finger click), which I would seem to enjoy. The G600 does seem to have bigger buttons (I found the buttons on the Naga 2014 on the smaller side, but awesome response on them), which would be better for my big fingers, but the stiffness of the buttons is my only concern for it. It seems my best option is to somehow sample it :/

Thanks for the input! :)

Yeah the G600 tracks very well, for sure. All the Logitech stuff does. And I do prefer Logitech software for keybinding over Synapse, hands down.

The Naga 2014 supports lift-off sensitivity which I like, so I prefer that. (When you pick it up far enough, the sensor shuts off. Great for small desk space.)

If it is true that the G600 breaks in after a while, I would say give it a try. If it ends up working well, the software is miles ahead of Razer Synapse and you'll have that cool ring click.

The closest "new" mouse to the G600 is the G602, but you lose a ton of buttons, plus the G602 buttons I tried in the store were even stiffer than the G600, so I think it's a G600 vs Naga 2014 for that config.

Basically at the moment now, my answer lies on whether I can sample the G600 someday. I'm not too picky on the buttons, but sometimes its offset and hard to choose when one says it sucks, while the other says its good. If it does break in and its clicky enough, I think the G600 is a straight buy.

Personally I don't think the G602 is a buy I may go for, as I don't like the layout of the buttons (having the buttons on the lip). It seems as more of a competitor to the Corsair M95 as a "light MMO" kind of mouse. I don't need a lot of buttons, but the ring click would be useful as a sort of "main" button.

Thanks for the help either way!

Okay than. 

I like the design of the M95, and I'm now just hoping it fits my hand properly (I claw grip the Logitech M100, about the same size ambidextrous mouse). I won't be needing 12 buttons, and 9 is enough for me (but I will probably need 6, which is why the Naga Hex is out of the question). Basically, if my hand fits the M95, then I'm probably going straight for it.

As for the G600, it does have an additional button (the ring finger click), which I would seem to enjoy. The G600 does seem to have bigger buttons (I found the buttons on the Naga 2014 on the smaller side, but awesome response on them), which would be better for my big fingers, but the stiffness of the buttons is my only concern for it. It seems my best option is to somehow sample it :/

Thanks for the input! :)

My pleasure!