Pc not using gpu

Go to solution Solved by Archangel1994,

will Deepcoll xdc gabriel do the trick?

It probably will but I prefer the 212 Evo.

Just got new my pc. I installed Battlefield 4, and it was so laggy even at lowest settings. It was wierd because my pc has 760k and r7 260x. And then i downloaded AMD system monitor, and guess what? It was not using my 260x, but it was using integrated graphics. Is there any way to make it use 260x?

Here is Speccy image.

post-52750-0-41273700-1406650273.png

Are you plugging the monitor into the actual GPU itself?

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Just got new my pc. I installed Battlefield 4, and it was so laggy even at lowest settings. It was wierd because my pc has 760k and r7 260x. And then i downloaded AMD system monitor, and guess what? It was not using my 260x, but it was using integrated graphics. Is there any way to make it use 260x?

Have you installed catalyst control centre?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This sounds dumb but have you plugged in the pin into the actual GPU I did this and I had the same problem.

Are you plugging the monitor into the actual GPU itself?

Yes i am

...I thought the Athlon 750k and 760k don't have an IGPU.

I should be studying.

This sounds dumb but have you plugged in the pin into the actual GPU I did this and I had the same

What pin? i did not build my pc

i think my motherboard has

Have you installed catalyst control centre?

Yes i have

i think my motherboard has

...that is not how things work. 

I should be studying.

They don't. So if we are to assume OP is 100% correct in his info he is running BF4 on nothing at all.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

...that is not how things work. 

Well if you want i can send you a screenshot of me running bf4 and having 0% gpu usage

Well if you want i can send you a screenshot of me running bf4 and having 0% gpu usage

you are still using your gpu trust me. Did you try adjusting the settings? Tried multiple games? Do you have the latest drivers?

I should be studying.

https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download Download this and give us a screenshot of the first image you see when opening it. It's a small overview of all your major components.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Do you have the latest drivers?

This

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Alright i edited post so you can see the image

What the tits is going on with your CPU temp? Is that on desktop? If so then I've found the problem. That shit will throttle itself to 1MHz once you enter a game of BF4.

you are still using your gpu trust me. Did you try adjusting the settings? Tried multiple games? Do you have the latest drivers?

other games are still downloading

Here is Speccy image.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Those CPU temps though...... Might want to get that checked out. 

Edit: First things I would check. Is the fan for the cpu even spinning? More importantly, turn off the computer and check to see if there is adequate thermal paste or if it is applied right.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

What the tits is going on with your CPU temp? Is that on desktop? If so then I've found the problem. That shit will throttle itself to 1MHz once you enter a gamyupo

yup cpu is kinda hot, and yes that is on desktop

Those CPU temps though...... Might want to get that checked out. 

will adding case fans help a lot?

yup cpu is kinda hot, and yes that is on desktop

Then you need to get your CPU cooling sorting asap. Those temps will cause extreme throttle which explains the lack of GPU usage because the CPU simply can't use it.

No, you need a decent CPU cooler. If you don't have case fans though you need to get 1 or 2 immediately as well. As for the CPU cooler I recommend either a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO or (if you have the money) a Noctua NH-D15

Case fans help circulation but that won't fix much as to the high temps on the CPU currently. 

You can also check to see if the case fans (assuming there is at least 1 or 2 that came pre-installed) are pushing air the right directions. Top case fans should be going out. Still, not going to affect too much with those temps

No, you need a decent CPU cooler. If you don't have case fans though you need to get 1 or 2 immediately as well. As for the CPU cooler I recommend either a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO or (if you have the money) a Noctua NH-D15

well i noticed a unpowered case fan in front of the case, and i tought stock AMD cooler was fine