FOR GAMING the i5 sandy bridge is vastly superior to FX 6300 regardless of the overclock it run's at...per core performance of the i5 is worlds ahead and for GAMING this is what's important...not the number of cores or the ''mutli-threaded'' performance or any of that shit...it's all about fast processing cores (process bits FAST and FAST and FASTER for the games to run great) it's all about FAST CORES did i said it enough already, FAST cores is what is important for gaming...i will say it just one last time okay: FAST CORES IS WHAT'S IMPORTANT FOR GAMING NOT HOW MANY OF THEM YOU HAVE, A 154 CORES AMD FX will still be slower at running games than a dual core intel sandy bridge, why?...BECAUSE FAST CORES IS WHAT MATTER FOR GAMING !!!!!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

FOR GAMING the i5 sandy bridge is vastly superior to FX 6300 regardless of the overclock it run's at...per core performance of the i5 is worlds ahead and for GAMING this is what's important...not the number of cores or the ''mutli-threaded'' performance or any of that shit...it's all about fast processing cores (process bits FAST and FAST and FASTER for the games to run great) it's all about FAST CORES did i said it enough already, FAST cores is what is important for gaming...i will say it just one last time okay: FAST CORES IS WHAT'S IMPORTANT FOR GAMING NOT HOW MANY OF THEM YOU HAVE, A 154 CORES AMD FX will still be slower at running games than a dual core intel sandy bridge, why?...BECAUSE FAST CORES IS WHAT MATTER FOR GAMING !!!!!

Finally someone that gets it :)

The forums official ex-AMD fanboy :P

Hmm you were one as well :P Joking

Don't really understand why you would swap a sandy bridge i5 with a 6300 for an mmo :/

hahaha yeah i still have amd in my heart tho, i love the underdog and i would LOVE to see them pull out a crazy fast quad core apu on a new high end socket or something...but yeah...i believed in the fx and multi-threaded performance for gaming but as the new games where hitting the market at some point one has to realise that getting 80% gpu load in 2/5 games in average is unnacceptable when you own a 500$ gpu :(

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Hmm you were one as well :P Joking

Don't really understand why you would swap a sandy bridge i5 with a 6300 for an mmo :/

We all start somewhere :P

I still have my collection of AMD chips for my dice pot :)

it would be a sidegrade, although the 6300 would be better for encoding, and for gaming when dx12 hits.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

We all start somewhere :P

I still have my collection of AMD chips for my dice pot :)

Well I was anti-Intel before they released conroe. Hated their pentium 4's so much, clocked to balls and still performing awful compared to athlons consuming so much less power and performing much better at 50% lower clock speed. My athlon in my old laptop lived longer than the pentium 4 in a pre-made desktop. After 10 years I decided to give nvidia cards a try again, I was a massive fan of ATi/amd gpu's but Crossfire wasnt that great as SLI so thats why I switched. Anyways it takes people a long time to understand that single core performance is all that matters for gaming, including myself. Now with the new games that are better threaded, they think their parallelism is on par with something like Cinebench and it's automatically whatever cpu has the best multithreaded performance will win.. 

Well I was anti-Intel before they released conroe. Hated their pentium 4's so much, clocked to balls and still performing awful compared to athlons consuming so much less power and performing much better at 50% lower clock speed. My athlon in my old laptop lived longer than the pentium 4 in a pre-made desktop. After 10 years I decided to give nvidia cards a try again, I was a massive fan of ATi/amd gpu's but Crossfire wasnt that great as SLI so thats why I switched. Anyways it takes people a long time to understand that single core performance is all that matters for gaming, including myself. Now with the new games that are better threaded, they think their parallelism is on par with something like Cinebench and it's automatically whatever cpu has the best multithreaded performance will win..

I had an athlon 64 PC and that's all I remember as I was only like 6 years old :P

I'll always be a AMD GPU person though for reasons I can't explain. Maybe just price/performance.

I was always confused why the athlon PC was soo much faster despite one having 3ghz and one having 2.4 :P

I had an athlon 64 PC and that's all I remember as I was only like 6 years old  :P

I'll always be a AMD GPU person though for reasons I can't explain. Maybe just price/performance.

I had a desktop with a P4 and nvidia gpu I was like 10 years old back then, can't remember the exact specs of it anymore but a few years later my dad bought a laptop that had a sempron 2000 or 2200+ and some nvidia gpu. After my bad experience with nvidia because lets say it was something like "nvidia sucks balls hope they go bankrupt" - I turned to be an ati fanboy. My first ever gpu I bought was the 4850 from gigabyte had a red pcb for 150 eur which looked freaking awesome, that card lasted me 4 years running and it always ran above 90° in wow lol. Card didnt ever show any issues, just a legendary gpu it was :P

So I was into a new gpu, noticed that nvidia cards still exist and outperforming AMD slightly which I didn't want to believe so decided to get the 6950 for 200 eur unlocking it and oc'ing it to a 6970 instead of a gtx 580 for 500 eur. Now that I have an income, I'm not really limited to a budget anymore and I gave my nvidia hate up so I just get anything I like although I spend too much for what I need these days. I don't waste my time on 780ti vs 290x debates, moaning about 5% difference >.< There's no arguing that AMD does better in price/performance for gpu's, nvidia cards seem to be more for the fanboys & "exclusive" features.

I was always confused why the athlon PC was soo much faster despite one having 3ghz and one having 2.4  :P

Well I can't remember the performance difference anymore but Intel was exaggerating with the clock speed up to nearly 4GHz and offering Hyperthreading even with dual socket boards to counter AMD, that's how hard Intel struggled and the power consumption was laughable though. There were some articles explaining why AMD was faster but goodluck understanding architectures when you're 12 years old lol :P