Sandisk USB does not show up on Devices and Printers

Tazman192

Hi.

I've been having a problem with my usb 3.0 device - and other usb 3.0 devices infact.

When I plug it into a certain port (very first USB 3.0 on my front panel) - it does not make a noise confirming it has been plugged in. It does not also show up on Devices and Printers - it does show up on My Computer. Autoplay does not run, and I cannot "Safely eject hardware" from the tray icon. This only happens with the one usb port - all usb 2.0 drives that I've tested so far work on this port.

I'm using a Sandisk Extreme Cruzer 3.0 32gb.

The icons also change on My Computer - posted as attachment below.

The icons aren't an issue, it's just to help me help you to give me solutions. The things that annoy me are the lack of autoplay on the culprit usb 3.0 port, and the fact I can't safely eject hardware. The fact it doesn't make a noise to confirm the usb drive is safely plugged in or out is also quite annoying.

The USB drives show up in disk management in either port.

I've reinstalled the chipset drivers (I can't find any usb drivers for my motherboard, so assume they're packed with chipset drivers, I may be wrong).

Any help would be great.

post-83128-0-61576700-1406605867.png

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."

CPU: Intel i5 4690K - Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP - 2x4GB @ 1866Mhz - GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 4GB - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed (with Red AKASA Led Strips) - Display: Benq GL2460HM 24" Monitor

My guess is you're spot on wit a faulty USB port diagnosis. I'd buy one of those cheap rubber USB Plugs and glue it in the hole so that you stop forgetting and trying to use it. Or buy a new front USB 3 Panel.

Or keep using it as a USB 2 Plug. 

Sorry I'm not more help you've done everything I would've done.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4