Best Air Flow Config?

andersdog

If you could draw pic to demonstrate this? My knowledge of physics isn't the best but I can get Masters level physicist to verify this. AFAIK you are partly right there. Dust gets drawn into filters. Thats what they are for. Every fan that is sucking air will suck dust with it. I think your own sayings are conflicting there since dust/air can't be pulled through filters same time as they are pushed around them. That just makes no sense. If you'd want to keep dust away from components, you'd need to position fans so that they blow air away from those components. Which isn't such effective method of cooling as seen with stock cooler. Well, LP coolers are exception but they also need intake fans to provide fresh air. Which would be blowing dust towards those components.

Big dust gets stuck on filters. The smaller dust which gets through encounters a pressurized fluid medium, and since its density is greater than pressurized air, it is forced aside inside the case to the bottom or to the walls. Smaller currents headed for the exits along the 12 edges (rectangular prism) can drag some of it out, but some will stick to the walls and floor nearest the point of entry. Very little of it (by comparison to negative pressure situations) gets pulled along by the linear current from the entry point to the main components, and towards the exit fan.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Big dust gets stuck on filters. The smaller dust which gets through encounters a pressurized fluid medium, and since its density is greater than pressurized air, it is forced aside inside the case to the bottom or to the walls. Smaller currents headed for the exits along the 12 edges (rectangular prism) can drag some of it out, but some will stick to the walls and floor nearest the point of entry. Very little of it (by comparison to negative pressure situations) gets pulled along by the linear current from the entry point to the main components, and towards the exit fan.

I understand. But what about fans like SilverStone air penetrator

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I understand. But what about fans like SilverStone air penetrator

What about them specifically? If you mean their column-channeling idea, I'd have to do some testing to see how strong and protected the current is to see how far dust could theoretically get before being shoved aside. It's an unorthodox overlapping blade design.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

What about them specifically? If you mean their column-channeling idea, I'd have to do some testing to see how strong and protected the current is to see how far dust could theoretically get before being shoved aside. It's an unorthodox overlapping blade design.

Yeah. 

I have an AP123 on my heatsink,

and an AP122 on my case.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."