Good SSD management software?

I've decided to surprise my girlfriend with a custom built computer, but I'm conflicted as to how to manage the storage. I've been thinking of getting her a 500gb samsung SSD because her number one concerns are heat and noise, but the price is conflicting, as amazing as $260 is. My next thought was a hybrid drive, but those won't be quite as responsive and still tick. so then I thought maybe a 128 gb SSD and a hybrid drive. This, however, comes with its own drawbacks, namely ease of use. I want to make it as easy as possible for her, and managing where to install every program can get annoying. I've tried using the registry edit to change default install path with windows on other computers, but had little success, and often ran into blue screens. I was wondering if someone could recommend a very under-cover SSD management software that would take care of default the install path while not being "in-your-face" every time the computer starts up; preferably something that operates in the background only. I'd appreciate any input. Also, here's the build if you have any suggestions. the biggest game she'll be playing is the sims 3, but she has a lot of custom content and add-ons, so it takes a beefy computer (which is why she always uses mine). 

Build so far:

bitfenix neos purple/white windowed case

msi H97m-G43 motherboard (matx)

gigabyte windforce GTX 770 4GB

NZXT Hale 82 550W modular PSU

intel core i7 4790

teamvulcan 16Gb 4X 4gb memory @ 1600mhz (bought these a while ago, so it only cost me $100. ram prices today are crazy)

samsung 840 evo 500 Gb

asus dvd drive

2X corsair AF120 purple LED quiet edition fans

1X corsiar SP120 Purple LED fan

Enermax Liquimax 120S AIO Liquid cooling

windows 7 64-bit home premium

If you have any suggestions for better, more cost effective gear, I'm willing to hear all of it. Also, she's not a tech junkie, so she won't be overclocking. I just thought the extra threads would help if she gets into video editing like she's been planning. Thank you for the help!

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)