Ultrabook help..

orangefurball

Well hello there everyone.

It seems its time for me to buy a new Ultrabook. I have around $1000 to spend on it, I really am having trouble finding which one to buy. I have been searching for a few weeks now to no avail.

I just want something strong and fast, I was hoping for something made of metal. I will be doing online courses, CAD designing, and photo manipulation on it.

The Razer Blade 14 (old model) is tempting for $1599, but that's a little bit too much for me to spend. The $13 Retina Macbook Pro is tempting as well. I am very indecisive. If anyone has experience with any nice Ultrabooks please give me some guidance.

I currently use a Lenovo Yoga 13.3" but its not really cutting it in the speed department. CAD really slows it down. I would like to purchase one within the next week. So my decision has to be made soon.

Thanks!

Orange Furball "Carbonation" - Bitfenix Prodigy (modded), Core i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB & 64GB SSD, 1TB HDD, HD 7870 GHz ED. Build Log HERE

PC fanboyism aside I would buy the apple. I love their laptops for basic work and they look and feel amazing. :)

Eurocom_Panther_5SE_12-core_24-thread_la

I don't understand the point you're making?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

If it was me, 

I prefer going with Apple for my portable computers, just because they have great battery life and stuff and they are made out of high quality materials.  The price can intimidate some though.

Alternatively the Surface pro 3 seems quite good, depending on whether the specs and form factor would justify the price for you.  

If you wanted something (not necessarily for gaming) but for a workstation sort of that was really fast and you want windows 7, the Dell XPS 14.4 looks good too. 

Just my opinion. 

Hope this helps :)

MacBook Pro. Simply the best for its price.

Looks like I'll go with the retina MacBook Pro 13" then.

Thanks guys! Its a bit over my budget at $1,400 but its worth it I think. Plus it'll hold its value.

Orange Furball "Carbonation" - Bitfenix Prodigy (modded), Core i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB & 64GB SSD, 1TB HDD, HD 7870 GHz ED. Build Log HERE

Well now I'm totally undecided. If I go used, I can get a Blade 14 for $300 less than a 15 inch rMBP with the same ram and SSD.

The gamer inside me wants to go blade and use the extra to buy an NVIDIA Shield.. What to do what to do