How to drain a bay reservoir

Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

@ddbtkd456

review these videos: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/180691-recent-how-to-water-cool-videos/

prolly answer a lot of questions.

How do you drain a dual bay reservoir, I plan on getting a kit and would like to know ahead of time.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Step 1: Don't get a bay reservoir.

If its not going to answer my question then why post it?

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

You have to give a bay reservoir a bit of slack. Push the res into the 5.25 bay so that it's recessed instead of flush, then either remove the tubing from the barb/compression or cut it off. You could just make a gash in it to let enough drain out so that you can remove the tubing without spilling water everywhere.

Obviously you will need a bowl to collect the water and more tissues than a teenage boy would ever know what to do with. Cut the tubing off and leave a bit on and remove the bay through the front to prevent any frustrations from trying to remove tight tubing while it's still in the case.

typically the best protocol is to avoid bay res.

Error: 410

You have to give a bay reservoir a bit of slack. Push the res into the 5.25 bay so that it's recessed instead of flush, then either remove the tubing from the barb/compression or cut it off. You could just make a gash in it to let enough drain out so that you can remove the tubing without spilling water everywhere.

Obviously you will need a bowl to collect the water and more tissues than a teenage boy would ever know what to do with. Cut the tubing off and leave a bit on and remove the bay through the front to prevent any frustrations from trying to remove tight tubing while it's still in the case.

typically the best protocol is to avoid bay res.

What if I added a drain port to it at some point?

What if I added a drain port to it at some point?

I guess that would work, but quick disconnects might be more convenient.

Error: 410

If its not going to answer my question then why post it?

Well, if you are building in a 760t, there is really no point in getting a bay res. Just my thoughts.

Well, if you are building in a 760t, there is really no point in getting a bay res. Just my thoughts.

It is if I dont want to build a full system in it....just my thoughts as well...I have over 3k sunk into my build without water cooling. And no its not just for the 760T

I guess that would work, but quick disconnects might be more convenient.

Thanks those should work great...just want to buy a kit since I am not comfortable with the radiators & tube reservoirs (unless you have a trick to this) are what got me scared.