Driver backup software

Go to solution Solved by 27-bit,

The driver uninstaller utility is normally pretty good for graphics drivers, I'd give it at least a try before nuking windows.

A clean install of window is a nice thing though. :)

Ok thanks I will be trying my luck with some other drivers. And btw I found a driver backup software driver max.

I just need a simple free software to backup some drivers from my laptop. 

Reason: I installed a fresh copy of win7 and was trying different drivers for my gpu. Story short, getting blue screens because of that and i want to reinstall win7 but dont want to redownload drivers. 

=

The problem is not windows 7 but the drivers you downloaded.

If you reinstall windows 7 and use those drivers again you will keep getting blue screens.

Is this what you are trying to do?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Sounds like you've got some conflicts there, try this first to remove all the mess and after that just install one version.

If that doesn't work just stick the drivers on a USB stick or burn them to a disc or something while you reinstall Windows. (also remember to download the latest drivers for your motherboard before you do and add them also to the backup)

If you don't have a USB or a burnable disc option, you could create a small partition on your hard drive and put the drivers in there, and then when you go to reinstall windows just format the large partition and it won't remove the files on the small one, then once you're booted into the new OS you can access them in My Computer. :)

The problem is not windows 7 but the drivers you downloaded.

If you reinstall windows 7 and use those drivers again you will keep getting blue screens.

Is this what you are trying to do?

I know that. I just want to be on a fresh win7 to try different drivers. Am working on a laptop so there are a lot of drivers that I would need to redownload and reinstall..

=

I know that. I just want to be on a fresh win7 to try different drivers. Am working on a laptop so there are a lot of drivers that I would need to redownload and reinstall..

Driver files are mixed in with all the windows installation files. The only way you can keep the drivers is by not removing windows, which is not what you are trying to do...

Basically, there is no tool/way to separate program files from the OS files :(

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Sounds like you've got some conflicts there, try this first to remove all the mess and after that just install one version.

If that doesn't work just stick the drivers on a USB stick or burn them to a disc or something while you reinstall Windows. (also remember to download the latest drivers for your motherboard before you do and add them also to the backup)

If you don't have a USB or a burnable disc option, you could create a small partition on your hard drive and put the drivers in there, and then when you go to reinstall windows just format the large partition and it won't remove the files on the small one, then once you're booted into the new OS you can access them in My Computer. :)

The thing is that this laptop has switchable graphics (6770m and intel 3000) and for some reason I did could not find up-to-date drivers so I tried leshcatlab's drivers. And am having issues with these. So would you recommend just using the utility or should I reformat and start again?

=

The thing is that this laptop has switchable graphics (6770m and intel 3000) and for some reason I did could not find up-to-date drivers so I tried leshcatlab's drivers. And am having issues with these. So would you recommend just using the utility or should I reformat and start again?

I read this thread

disturbing amount of views/discussion for a product, looks like a poor support effort from HP...

this was marked as solution

http://www2.ati.com/DRIVERS/mobile/12-3_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc.exe

I read this thread

disturbing amount of views/discussion for a product, looks like a poor support effort from HP...

this was marked as solution

http://www2.ati.com/DRIVERS/mobile/12-3_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc.exe

yeah their support for this product is horrible where they didn't even made possible to manually update from AMD's site..

about the solution yeah I have tried it long ago it seemed to work but I want updated drivers B)

so what would you recommend Display Driver Uninstaller or a clean win7 installation?

=

yeah their support for this product is horrible where they didn't even made possible to manually update from AMD's site..

about the solution yeah I have tried it long ago it seemed to work but I want updated drivers B)

so what would you recommend Display Driver Uninstaller or a clean win7 installation?

The driver uninstaller utility is normally pretty good for graphics drivers, I'd give it at least a try before nuking windows.

Ok thanks I will be trying my luck with some other drivers. And btw I found a driver backup software driver max.

=