Galaxt Note 3, in Gallery the home button doesn't work.

StingBull

I have this weird problem that I think started occurring after the KitKat update. When I'm in the Samsung's gallery app on my Galaxy Note 3, the home button does not work. Pressing it, holding it. No function.

Not only it works everywhere else but inexplicably Home + Lock button combo to take a screenshot still works!

Anyway, I don't expect anyone to actually fix this problem for me. I've only made this thread because when I searched for this issue, nothing came up.

So I'm making this thread to let anyone else suffering from this error know that "You are not alone buddy. Also don't buy a Samsung phone ever again."

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

StingBull, why not buy a Samsung phone ever again? For this reason only? 

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

StingBull, why not buy a Samsung phone ever again? For this reason only? 

This isn't the only thing. The problem with their phones is their software is just crap. It doesn't matter if it has the best specs. Android through Samsung is not a good experience.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

This isn't the only thing. The problem with their phones is their software is just crap. It doesn't matter if it has the best specs. Android through Samsung is not a good experience.

Specs are very good, why not change OS, put custom ROM or mod it?

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Specs are very good, why not change OS, put custom ROM or mod it?

It's no longer a Samsung phone if I change the software. High specifications are not an exclusive thing only Samsung does anymore, there is no reason why they should be commended.

Here's another reason why I hate Samsung. They were the ones that popularized the over-saturated displays trend. And they are still doing it. I hate the fact the grays appear as blacks when I see them on my phone.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: A random update I got today actually fixed this problem! And added new bloatware...............................Samsung, never again..................