GTX 780 on pre order

Tony N

"No such product." For how much was it listed?

Wow it just got taken down. It was priced at 849.99. If you go to new arrivals on the NCIX home page it might still be there.

I don't really think this is a good idea due to the fact that not many people are looking for a gpu that is around 800 us dollars. Most people will be looking for one that is 170-500 dollars and the thousand dollar price range and not many  people are looking for the in between priced card. But I can't wait to see benchmarks for this card because i wonder how well it will stack up against high end gpus like the titan 690 or the 7990. (not saying that this is not a high end gpu)

If that's the kinda money they're asking then I'll give it a miss. I can't imagine how much it will be in Oz.

i7 920@3.8GHZ|Gigabyte EX58-UD5 | 12G Kingston H yper X 1600 memory|Gigabyte 560ti SOC |Corsair H70 CPU Cooler|Samsung 840 EVO 500G|Corsair 600T case 

Ouch...Looks like someone's going to be in trouble :P

Yep, that killed my interest in this card. The top I would pay is 4500 NOK, or about $650. Not that I can't afford it, it's just not worth it. Which means I will be steering away from the entire 7XX range and looking to AMD this time, just on pure principle alone. Even if the 770 comes out competitively priced, I'd rather punish Nvidia for their increasingly gluttonous and unwarranted pricing.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

That's indeed pricey.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

T_T that can't be right, 800 & 50 freakin dollars ? are they serious ? well as long as someone somewhere is insane enough to pay that much Nvidia just won't bother to go any lower.

Trust me, there would be a few foolish and ignorance people buying it despite the price.

Trust me, there would be a few foolish and ignorance people buying it despite the price.

Pretty sure someone who's willing to pay 850$ for a video card will also be willing to pay 1000$ for a Titan, so why bother with a 780 ?

I really hope that this isn't the final price, otherwise MAJOR bummer.

Pretty sure someone who's willing to pay 850$ for a video card will also be willing to pay 1000$ for a Titan, so why bother with a 780 ?

I really hope that this isn't the final price, otherwise MAJOR bummer.

Yep and this will make AMD even more competitive which is good for them as their stock price is pretty low.

Wow, I mean c'mon NVIDIA! Where in the hell is the market for this sort of crap? I'm kind of afraid for PC gaming rite now because the next gen consoles are coming out soon and who knows if the games will actually be optimized. So we may need more powerful cards to play the newest games but not for $850! AMD can really swoop in and steal the show if they have a great performing card at half the price  :(  I'm not a fanboy on either side but i do want things to stay competitive.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I would wait with all the raging about price until it's actually for sale and more than one retailer has it for sale. I've seen a lot of pre-order deals where anyone preordering pays a hefty premium to get their hands on the first units that'll ship

I would wait with all the raging about price until it's actually for sale and more than one retailer has it for sale. I've seen a lot of pre-order deals where anyone preordering pays a hefty premium to get their hands on the first units that'll ship

So when it comes out and the price hasn't dropped can I still rage? :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I was able to find more info on Avadirect by googling the serial number:

Overview:

The new EVGA GeForce® GTX 780 marks an evolution in gaming performance - an insanely fast, and whisper-quiet experience, every time. It features a massively powerful NVIDIA Kepler™ GPU of 2,304 cores - 50% more than its processor. Plus, it comes with 3GB of high-speed GDDR5 memory and NVIDIA GPU Boost 2.0 technology, giving you the performance capabilities you need to game at extreme settings. The GTX 780 is more than just fast and smooth. It's perfectly tuned to today's most advanced gaming technologies with features like GeForce Experience™ for one-click driver and settings optimization, plus NVIDIA® PhysX® and TXAA™ for smooth, sharp graphics.

Features:

• NVIDIA® TXAA™ Technology
  • NVIDIA® GPU Boost 2.0
  • NVIDIA® PhysX® technology
  • NVIDIA® FXAA™ Technology
  • NVIDIA® Adaptive Vertical Sync
  • NVIDIA® Surround® Technology
  • Support for four concurrent displays
  • Two Dual-link DVI connectors, HDMI and Displayport 1.2
  • Microsoft® DirectX® 11.1 API
  • NVIDIA® 3D Vision® Ready
  • NVIDIA® SLI® Ready
  • NVIDIA® CUDA Technology
  • PCI Express® 3.0 support
  • OpenGL 4.3 Support
  • OpenCL™ Support
  • NVIDIA SHIELD™ Ready

Specifications:

• Base Clock: 863 MHz
  • Boost Clock: 902 MHz
  • Memory Clock: 6008 MHz Effective
  • CUDA Cores: 2304
  • Bus Type: PCI-E 3.0
  • Memory Detail: 3082MB GDDR5
  • Memory Bit Width: 384 Bit
  • Memory Speed: 0.33 ns
  • Memory Bandwidth: 288.38 GB/sec
  • Texture Fill Rate: 165.6 GT/s

Interface:

• Display Port
  • HDMI
  • DVI-I
  • DVI-D

Dimensions:

• Height: 4.376in - 111.15mm
  • Length: 10.5in - 266.7mm
  • Weight: 3lbs

Requirements:

• 600 Watt or greater power supply with a minimum of 42 amps on the +12 volt rail
  • PCI Express®, PCI Express® 2.0 or PCI Express® 3.0 compliant motherboard with one graphics slot.
  • One 8-pin PCI Express® power supply connector or two available 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors and one 6-pin PCI Express® power connector or two available hard disk power connectors.
  • Microsoft® Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP

Specs: i7-3770K | Asus R9 290X | 32GB DDR3 | GA-Z77-UD5H | RM 750x | Define R5 Arctic White | macOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10

I was able to find more info on Avadirect by googling the serial number:

So basically it's a cut down Titan with half the ram. therefore the price seems about right. If it was around the 550-650 mark I would be super pissed if i was a Titan owner but that's not gonna happen.

Hail Sithis!

I assume everyone remembers how the gk104 core i.e. 680 was supposed to be the 660ti and the gk110 i.e. Titan was supposed to be the 680? 

Hail Sithis!

So when it comes out and the price hasn't dropped can I still rage? :)

Yes! :D

Yes! :D

YAY

Hail Sithis!