So this happened.. help?

StareX

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10522089_858514224166696_7482403854121282043_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10561723_858514217500030_2770306001706136595_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10527386_858514220833363_6709207019012525510_n.jpg

Sooooo... I'm kinda dumb.. what to do in a situation like this?

1. Throw it out of the window and blame my neighbours for breaking my monitor?

2. Tell my mom my sad excuses that I didn't do that.

:(

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Puff..Puff..Pass the blunt..

Details separate people.

Sure.

Ask me anything.

First of all, yeey! San Andreas!

Second, what the hell did you do?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Looks like you or somebody has cracked the panel at the back of the screen?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I'm assuming you don't have a job or don't want to spend money on another one, so I'd just bring it up to my parents maybe see if I could do some chores around the house for a while in payment for a new monitor, or do tasks (quests) around town like mow your neighbors lawn or something

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

What happened. Story please... Or did you play some jumpscare games that you punch the screen?

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Looking at the windows vista sticker, I guess it's out of warranty? :lol:

Mystery is the source of all true science.

sell it but don't tell them about the damage, then use the money to buy a new one. oh and close your ebay/amazon/whatever account after you sell it so they can't request a refund.

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

sell it but don't tell them about the damage, then use the money to buy a new one. oh and close your ebay/amazon/whatever account after you sell it so they can't request a refund.

Thats actually an automatic refund when the other person opens a case. Paypal will review, see the person closed the account and OP will start his spiral down the credit bureau. 

Did you punch it or did it just die randomly?

All devices have a limited lifespan, so they'll all wear out and die eventually. It's not your fault (unless you punched it of course), so there should be no need to hide anything or try to shift blame somewhere else..

If you have warranty, use it. If you don't, there's nothing you can do but buy a new one.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

I'm assuming you don't have a job or don't want to spend money on another one, so I'd just bring it up to my parents maybe see if I could do some chores around the house for a while in payment for a new monitor, or do tasks (quests) around town like mow your neighbors lawn or something

Goddamnit, If I'd looked at it like that I would have had sooooooo much more fun in high school. For instance getting into a girls panties, much better as a quest than just as a goal lol

And that sucks. I wish I could buy a new monitor myself, If I could I'd send you the 30 inch tv I'm playing on, sadly its only 720P :(

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Did you try restarting your PC? The same exact thing happens to me all the time

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It started with weird shapes of white things at the bottom.. I tried to push it alittle cuz it usually fixes them.. but it weared off.. and broke... heard a crack and pulled my hand away. Im so dead.

WELL IT'S AN 8 YEARS OLD MONITOR.... WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? It costed me around 300-400ILS .. lol.. which is like 70+ USD ...?

@ HELP ME FIND A NEW MONITOR!! PLEASE... I play CS GO, and BF4.. and basically games.. so I need responsive.. and that monitor was like 75Hz.. OH MY GOD THE DIFFERENCE IT MAKES...

Please.

Ask me anything.

It started with weird shapes of white things at the bottom.. I tried to push it alittle cuz it usually fixes them.. but it weared off.. and broke... heard a crack and pulled my hand away. Im so dead.

WELL IT'S AN 8 YEARS OLD MONITOR.... WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? It costed me around 300-400ILS .. lol.. which is like 70+ USD ...?

@ HELP ME FIND A NEW MONITOR!! PLEASE... I play CS GO, and BF4.. and basically games.. so I need responsive.. and that monitor was like 75Hz.. OH MY GOD THE DIFFERENCE IT MAKES...

Please.

There's your problem... Most likely a broken panel already... The cheapest 15-17" ones come in at around 50-80USD... Just don't expect a 1080p IPS 144Hz panel...

There's your problem... Most likely a broken panel already... The cheapest 15-17" ones come in at around 50-80USD... Just don't expect a 1080p IPS 144Hz panel...

I play games, don't care much about colors or that.. I care about how I kill people ^^

Ask me anything.

Question..

Is Display Port 1.2 ... goes also to 1.2a ? Or it's a different connector? (For adaptive sync)

and if it would be wise for me now, since I have no monitor .. to buy the BenQ 144hz gaming monitor ... thingy.. and if it would lag me in games, like it has like 1ms ... 144hz etc.. and I do get higher frames... but dunno.... look at my specs and determine for yourself lol :/

Ask me anything.

Question..

Is Display Port 1.2 ... goes also to 1.2a ? Or it's a different connector? (For adaptive sync)

and if it would be wise for me now, since I have no monitor .. to buy the BenQ 144hz gaming monitor ... thingy.. and if it would lag me in games, like it has like 1ms ... 144hz etc.. and I do get higher frames... but dunno.... look at my specs and determine for yourself lol :/

Physically, yes... Software wise... I'm not so sure... I'm still on D-Sub and HDMI (something.. dunno because my HDTV doesn't say)... It would be best to consult the manufacturer...

How is the BenQ 144hz monitor anyway? in gaming? and what if I don't pick gsync over this one?

Ask me anything.

How is the BenQ 144hz monitor anyway? in gaming? and what if I don't pick gsync over this one?

bump....

And IPS for gaming is good? I mean.. which monitor can I be for now? (I'll get my money sometime else, but now I need a temporary OK IPS or LED monitor...)

Ask me anything.

bump....

And IPS for gaming is good? I mean.. which monitor can I be for now? (I'll get my money sometime else, but now I need a temporary OK IPS or LED monitor...)

If you're gaming, high fps panels would be better, but there's usually a trade-off when it comes to picture quality... From what I read, good TN panels can have high frame rates but the trade off is the color shift... IPS on the other hand would have better color reproduction...

I'm not too sure since TN panels are the most common and affordable in my area and IPS and OLED displays are too rare to even mention...