How to control NZXT H440 Fans

The NZXT H440 comes with a case fan controller where you can plug all three front facing fans and the rear exhaust fan into. These fans work properly for the moment, but I have no idea how to go about controlling these fans. It seems like they're running at 100% speed and are extremely loud (I have Cougars and Noctuas), so I would like to lower the RPM. There is no fan control software on NZXT official site, so how can I manage the fan speed then?

Really need help!!

That is a fan hub not a fan controller. It's only designed to run at 100%. What you need to do is get some 3 pin voltage adapters for it to lower the incoming 12v to 7v which will lower the fan speeds and noise. 

It's just a fan splitter, 3 pin fans are controlled  by voltage, so you need a voltage controller on the Molex power cable (or is it Sata Power?) that goes in the hub.

It's just a fan splitter, 3 pin fans are controlled  by voltage, so you need a voltage controller on the Molex power cable (or is it Sata Power?) that goes in the hub.

I believe it is a molex

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Could you recommend/link me voltage controllers? No idea how they differ from regular fan controllers.

Could you recommend/link me voltage controllers? No idea how they differ from regular fan controllers.

They don't :P

There are quick and dirt cheap ways to control voltage on molex cables on tech forums, but they do require a bit of tinkering and tools. You only see the DIY parts for sale.

If you r budget allows, get a proper fan controller.

They don't :P

There are quick and dirt cheap ways to control voltage on molex cables on tech forums, but they do require a bit of tinkering and tools. You only see the DIY parts for sale.

If you r budget allows, get a proper fan controller.

Recommend a proper fan controller? I have some budget left from this build since it was more an upgrade rather than a new build.

Recommend a proper fan controller? I have some budget left from this build since it was more an upgrade rather than a new build.

You'd need an internal one, since the H440 doesn't have 5.25" drive bays.

NZXT is going to launch their GRID+ soon, it's a splitter that can control speed using the NZXT CAM software.

If you just want a good fan controller, that you can configure to work fully automated, even outside of windows, get this: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13696/bus-271/Aquacomputer_Aquaero_5_LT_USB_Fan_Controller_Liquid_System_Controller_53095.html?tl=g47c17s422

You'd need an internal one, since the H440 doesn't have 5.25" drive bays.

NZXT is going to launch their GRID+ soon, it's a splitter that can control speed using the NZXT CAM software.

If you just want a good fan controller, that you can configure to work fully automated, even outside of windows, get this: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13696/bus-271/Aquacomputer_Aquaero_5_LT_USB_Fan_Controller_Liquid_System_Controller_53095.html?tl=g47c17s422

Just checked, the GRID+ has launched already! It's also available in my region (Taipei, Taiwan). I'm going for that then, since yeah I don't have 5.25" drive bays ="=

It looks really sleek too. THANKS A LOT! I will update here how everything goes. :D

Just checked, the GRID+ has launched already! It's also available in my region (Taipei, Taiwan). I'm going for that then, since yeah I don't have 5.25" drive bays ="=

It looks really sleek too. THANKS A LOT! I will update here how everything goes. :D

NZXT has made a lot of noise with their CAM software they put a lot of effort to develop, I haven't took enough time myself to try it, but it looks pretty good (slick made a video on it).

The good thing of the GRID+ is that it's compatible with CAM, looks nice and fits everywhere too!

btw

more of a question than an answer, but, could you put the low noise adapter from the noctua fans to the power plug on the fan hub?

so the fan hub would get lower voltage, meaning all fans would run at lower voltage

if so, i bet you got some with the noctua fan you said you have, try it

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

• 1 year later...

btw

more of a question than an answer, but, could you put the low noise adapter from the noctua fans to the power plug on the fan hub?

so the fan hub would get lower voltage, meaning all fans would run at lower voltage

if so, i bet you got some with the noctua fan you said you have, try it

I had some of those laying around and tested it with the HUB and it works great. Noctua low noise adapter are simply resistance but I would be careful on the amount of Watts going through it as it's designed for 1 fan.

I tested it for fun between the Molex and Hub and it works but I am currently using them between hub and fan as I only wanted to run some fans slower.