Opinions on EK Waterblocks?

The design makes no difference. As long as it has the new EN nickel plating thats all I care about!

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I heard they updated their process - hopefully better then the older ones...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I am using an EK supremacy and I really like the new look that they have.

EK blocks have always looked great and I feel they've continued this with their new line. Personally, I go plexi because I love showing off my loops. Their acetal look is definitely great too though.

-Freak

Personally I love the look of CSQ but I would never even consider purchasing an EK product in my wildest dreams. I will not give my money to such a company.

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w

I also do like the CSQ design, especially with the frosted plexi. the only sad thing is that i had to mount my cpu block up side down to get the flow right (inlet and outlet), and the logo is now also up side down...

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Personally I love the look of CSQ but I would never even consider purchasing an EK product in my wildest dreams. I will not give my money to such a company.
If Koolance didn't discontinue their line of waterblocks, I would prefer them instead of EK. I like things to match in my system :P If you look at TimeToLiveCustoms(Tom)'s CKC build of all Koolance waterblocks, it looks really nice.

Honestly I think EK get a really bad rep out of bad luck. Honestly they are a good company. The only thing that stops me from buying EK is the circle-thingies....

Their CSQ design looks great on CPU blocks, but on their GPU full cover blocks it looks uglier than sin.

Too many circles in my opinion. Also, until they start using better nickel I'd stay away if you plan on using it long term. (Read into the stuff about corrosion on line)

My Current Build:

• 5.0GHz i7-3770k Processor
  • Asus Maximus V Formula Z77 Mobo
  • SLI Asus DCUII 670's Watercooled
  • 120GB Corsair Force GT3 Boot SSD
  • 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD
  • 16GB 1866MHz 9-10-9-27 G.Skill Ripjaws Z Memory
  • 1050w Seasonic 80+ Gold
  • Caselabs M8
  • Windows 7 64 bit
  • Samsung Blu-Ray Combo Drive
  • Creative Recon 3D Sound Card
  • XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock
  • Dual 360mm UT60 Rads
  • 15 Yate Loon Medium fans
  • Yamakasi Catleap Monitor (1440p)
  • Sennheiser HD 598

Too many circles in my opinion. Also, until they start using better nickel I'd stay away if you plan on using it long term. (Read into the stuff about corrosion on line)
Back when I looking into gpu blocks and was reading up on it they were having issues. This was in September so let me know if anything has changed!

My Current Build:

• Caselabs M8
  • Windows 7 64 bit
  • Dual 360mm UT60 Rads
  • Sennheiser HD 598

I haven't had any corrosion problems with my (old design) EK-Waterblocks yet. They are about 8 Months in use.

I like the new circle design. If you base a system around them (All EK-waterblocks) it looks great!

They now also have some kind of recognition value.

I personally don't like the new design, but let's see what they bring in to future !

I personally don't like the new design, but let's see what they bring in to future !
Mhh...looks a bit like Alphacool's blocks...just with sharp angles.

true that. i also dont like the links, but there are other options.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Well when you want to run 4 graphics cards, its the only option. I don't think you can use Bitspower Crystal Link on that tight of a space

I love EK since they have a very large range of products. But not that much of a fan of the CSQ, mainly because of the way the fittings are positioned, which means you can't use crystal link.

EK makes good blocks. Performance wise, they may lag slightly behind switch and koolance for CPU bloks and watercool or aquacomputer for GPU blocks, but they perform well and look great. They also make blocks for a wide variety of motherboards. I like them.

That's a good point. They can just say they fixed it and people will believe them, it's not like there's some agency in charge of maintaining quality in waterblocks.

My Current Build:

• Caselabs M8
  • Windows 7 64 bit
  • Dual 360mm UT60 Rads
  • Sennheiser HD 598

I like the CSQ design..

I have a gtx680 copper CSQ block in my current system, works great and easy to unstall for a first timer.. :)

(Comming soon)

I'm haven't done any custom loops in the past but I'm looking into it for my next build, who though this aesthetic design was a good idea? These circle things look terrible!

I don't mind the CSQ design. Just wish they gave us the old port design on their full cover blocks...

I think EK make cheap, tacky products, some full cover blocks are very cheap, nickel onces only £10 more expensive

my opinion though