Would you complain in this situation?

Luke

I sold my case and was looking for a cheap replacement case because i plan on buying a much nicer case some time down the road when i do a full system upgrade and i stumbled across the Spec-01. It looked quite nice and seemed like good value.

When i googled some reviews for the case i thought "wait a minute, This case looks way worse?". Turns out the picture on DirectCanada's website was for the Spec-03 and not the Spec-01. You should never judge a product by the photo though, It even says below "Photos may not resemble actual product and are purely for illustration purposes". The description is what's important. At that point i figured i should send them a message letting them know that the picture was wrong just for the sake of being helpful.

Luke:

Just a heads up, The picture for the computer case "Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01 " that you are selling is wrong. I almost just purchased it thinking "oh that case looks nice and is cheap" until i realize that is the Spec-03 model not the Spec-01.

Direct Canada:

Thanks for letting us know, I have updated the description for the product. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know

Thanks

When i read that reply i thought "Wait what? Updated the description?" and so i checked back and the title was changed to "Corsair Carbide SPEC-03" with the same picture of the Spec-03 so i thought "Oh nice so it is actually the spec-03". The price also dropped a little bit from $47.45 to $44.79 so went ahead and bought it.

Anyway the case arrived in the mail today and it's the Spec-01. I sent a message letting them know and the person apologized and now you can see the description is changed back to Spec-01 but still with the picture of the Spec-03. Would you complain in this situation? I'm just a bit annoyed because i probably wouldn't have bought the case knowing it was the Spec-01. 

TL;DR I ordered a case. The title was Corsair Spec-03 and so was the picture. What i received was the Corsair Spec-01.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

tldr probably

I have written posts 10x longer and people still read. I also read long posts myself. You refreshing the front page and post worthless comments in all of the "recent topic" threads is getting pretty annoying.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

50% of your comments are cancer btw. You sometimes refresh the front page and post worthless comments in all of the "recent topic" posts.

FTFY

The shop you're buying from seems a bit tech-illiterate. Or it could be the person you're talking to.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Yes,definitely. Why would you settle with something different than what you saw? Also spec-01 only has 1 fan included so that means you are paying more for something less.

I have written posts 10x longer and people still read. I also read long posts myself. You refreshing the front page and post worthless comments in all of the "recent topic" threads is getting pretty annoying.

You should just use this feature tbh

http://linustechtips.com/main/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=ignoredusers

I answer hundreds of tech questions on this forum and post plenty of long answers to other threads, go and look at my post history or add me to ignore I don't mind which. :)

TL;DR I ordered a case. The title was Corsair Spec-03 and so was the picture. What i received was the Corsair Spec-01.

Don't stop complaining till you get your Spec-03 without having to pay another penny.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

You should just use this feature tbh

http://linustechtips.com/main/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=ignoredusers

I answer hundreds of tech questions on this forum and post plenty of long answers to other threads, go and look at my post history or add me to ignore I don't mind which. :)

The fact that when i seen your picture and comment and thought "oh this guy...." kind of suggests otherwise. Also i'm not sure why you want me to ignore you, Just stop with the stupid comments. I posted a question and all you've managed to do is attempt to start a argument and rack up some posts or whatever you're doing.

The fact that when i seen your picture and comment and thought "oh this guy...." kind of suggests otherwise. Also i'm not sure why you want me to ignore you, Just stop with the stupid comments. I posted a question and all you've managed to do is attempt to start a argument and rack up some posts or whatever you're doing.

I suggested you ignore me because you dislike my comments, yes this one was dumb and unnecessary but you could have ignored it.

I won't post in this thread anymore, btw no I wouldn't complain I just wouldn't buy anything from them again because I hate mis described items.

Chances are my complaint would be dealt with in a half assed was as your first dealings with them over it were.

The shop you're buying from seems a bit tech-illiterate. Or it could be the person you're talking to.

Yea they kind of are haha. The websites prices are good though, They also offer free shipping on orders over $50 and the shipping is very fast so i've ordered from them a lot. Every single time i have contacted support it has always been the same guy replying to me and he's been helpful which is why i feel bad making a complaint.

Yes,definitely. Why would you settle with something different than what you saw? Also spec-01 only has 1 fan included so that means you are paying more for something less.

Hmm yea you're right. Not only was it different that what i saw but the title and description was also different =\

Don't stop complaining till you get your Spec-03 without having to pay another penny.

Haha alright. I'll try just being nice and see how they can help but if all they do is apologize then i'll complain.

Thanks for everyone's input.