Chipset Software Utility

skaran27

How in the world do I run this on windows 8.1 I download it from intel and it just goes missing I have no idea whats going on? How do I run the actual application. I run the installer and it installs and everything but how do I open it! Please help!

Open what? Is it firmware?

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Open what? Is it firmware?

No its like a utility that helps you figure out if your chipset is up to date.

No its like a utility that helps you figure out if your chipset is up to date.

Whats the file name and .xxx?

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20775 you go there and download the file and then after i setup it up I dont know where to run it from

So I downloaded it. You don't run it.

"Run this easy to use Intel® Driver Update Utility and it will "automatically" tell you if you need to update your chipset INF file, and if so, will prompt you to install and you are done. This will save you a lot of time not only on your chipset download but the most common files needed for your system.

Name changes:

Intel® Chipset Device Software is the new name for the Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility; this name will be seen when running the installation package.

About this file/download:

The Intel® Chipset Device Software installs the Windows* INF files. An INF is a text file that provides the operating system with information about a piece of hardware on the system. In the case of the current Intel Chipset Device Software, that information is primarily the product name for the piece of hardware. This allows the operating system to show the correct name for that piece of hardware in Device Manager.

I'm having trouble as well. Let me see if I can figure it out. It says RUN IT but I don't think you actually need to...

In the README I found this:

* 3.  CONTENTS OF THE DISTRIBUTION PACKAGE
The Intel® Chipset Device Software package contains the 
following items:

File(s)       
    -------
    SetupChipset.exe
       -or-
    SetupChipsetMUP.zip
       -or-
    SetupChipsetPAC.zip

This makes me think there is nothing to run still.

In the README I found this:

* 3.  CONTENTS OF THE DISTRIBUTION PACKAGE
The Intel® Chipset Device Software package contains the 
following items:

File(s)       
    -------
    SetupChipset.exe
       -or-
    SetupChipsetMUP.zip
       -or-
    SetupChipsetPAC.zip

This makes me think there is nothing to run still.

so then what do i do?

so then what do i do?

I think it will just prompt you when you need a driver update. Nothing to be opened as it only installs text files. I think that is what's going on.

I think it will just prompt you when you need a driver update. Nothing to be opened as it only installs text files. I think that is what's going on.

At the bottom my notification center is telling me I need an update.

At the bottom my notification center is telling me I need an update.

Thats what the download does then! Nothing to open. Just driver update notifications.  :)

Thats what the download does then! Nothing to open. Just driver update notifications.  :)

So then how do I go about updating it?

There should be something to click in the prompt. What is it telling you to update?

Run this easy to use Intel® Driver Update Utility and it will "automatically" tell you if you need to update your chipset INF file, and if so, will prompt you to install and you are done. This will save you a lot of time not only on your chipset download but the most common files needed for your system.

Read. It says that you install and it will be a background process after that. When newer drivers are available, it will prompt message telling you to install them. This will work only those drivers provided by Intel so they will be downloaded automaticly from Intels servers. For others you need to use mobos software.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv