Fan wobble

MrCoolTheCucumber

Hey, the top 140mm fan in my NZXT phantom 410 midi case (the standard one which came with it) seems to wobble a lot. It also makes a slight low pitch clicking sound as the fan rotates. I was wondering if anyone would know what the problem is/how to fix this, or whether I should just get a replacement.

Also I do use a fan controller, the fan is set at 500rpm, the faster it goes, the louder the clicking.

Is it rattling against the case? If so you could try tightning or loosening the screws and see of you can find the right position where it doesn't make that clicking noise. Or you can purchase rubber fan mounts to reduce vibration against the case.

If its internals, I would just get a replacement.

Sometimes you can't get rid of vibration. The fans on the side panel of the full size phantom will not stop making clicking noises because of the way they vibrate.

You could try rubber noise dampeners or rubber fan mounts, though.

If it's motor ticking, then I would bet it's your fan controller. Try running the fan off your motherboard headers. You can use the bios fan speed setting to change it up and down and see if it ticks at any speed when using the motherboard header.

If it doesn't tick using the motherboard, then it's your fan controller causing it.

I have this problem with my Sentry Mix when I use Scythe fans.... super annoying.

Ok, I tried plugging the fan into the motherboard. This unfortunately did not resolve the problem. Also, I don't think its an actual problem to do with with the fan vibrating against the case. This is because when I spin the fan with my hand, it still makes the clicking noise. I think its something to do with the motor, I may as well just get a replacement. Thanks for your help anyways.

No problem, good luck with your fan shopping. :)