First Custom PC Build

I have been worried about making my first Custom PC for a few reasons. I don't want to go with one person's opinion just to realise when I finally had it that I can have a way more powerful PC for less money. So this is my final place to go, I need you guys to please work together to come up with the best gaming rig for $1500 you can. I must stress that I want it to run all games now at max, have enough ram, the ability to overclock and run solidly. I'm not sure whether my budget is enough for 1440p gaming or I should just stick with 1080p. I want my build to look nice and be quiet. I have gotten these two builds given to me by other people and I just don't know what parts are better. HELP!

post-107666-0-21860900-1405780377.png

post-107666-0-96441900-1405780495.png

Thanks in advance! :)

DAZZA THE DRAGON, MEMER AND KING OF DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW.

Only thing id say is Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell Quad-Core 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770K 319.00$ USD 

And it has hyper threading, so 8 logical cores instead of 4 and its only 34$ more, and comes with free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116901&cm_re=4770k_i7-_-19-116-901-_-Product

Only thing id say is Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell Quad-Core 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770K 319.00$ USD 

And it has hyper threading, so 8 logical cores instead of 4 and its only 34$ more, and comes with free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116901&cm_re=4770k_i7-_-19-116-901-_-Product

dude thats newegg usa, 4770K in australia from what pcpartpicker tells me is $385. so its $110 more

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

I appreciate the advice greatly but which of the two builds were you referring to?

Could people please refer to which of the two builds they were referring to and also I would like very much if some more people gave me any sort of constructive criticism as I want to make my first build as good as possible!

for the first build you don't need 800W unless your going to run crossfire in the future. 

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

for the first build you don't need 800W unless your going to run crossfire in the future. 

Ok, could you also tell me which build is better? Thanks.

Drop the radeon cards, get a 780 or if you have the money a 780ti. The radeon cards might be fast and powerful and whatnot, but mantle doesn't have as much optimization support for games as nvidia does (at least not yet).

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Ok, could you also tell me which build is better? Thanks.

the 2nd one since i dont know so much about that inwin psu 

Hi LinusTechTips members,

I am an Australian hardcore gamer that is currently in the midst of trying to make my first gaming pc, the problem is, I know nothing on the matter. I have been on a bunch of websites, reddit, pc building forums and more and this is the final place to go. With my $1,500 budget I want a build which can run games like BF4, Crysis 3 on maxed settings in 1080p with high framerates. I don't want to run anything over 1080p as I know that costs a lot more. I am asking that you make me a build which is reliable, sturdy, aesthetically pleasing and runs amazingly. Windows 7 Home Premium is my plan of product and I am not sure out of Intel or AMD which is better as I have been on mac for years. Please make me a build and give constructive criticism to other posters to make the me best PC I can have!

Thank you in advance!

-Dazza the Dragon ^_^ 

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/vXB7GX

there is something to get you started.  you need to pick a case ect. work out if you want to go amd or intel ect.

I will say if you go amd you can get a r9 290 but with intell the budget is stretched even more

actually your build looks really good, though if you want to overclock i recommend spending more on your cooler. (lower one)

Though I'd swap the Crucial SSD for the EVO that you have in your upper build.

My bad dude I looked to see were your from and it wasn't posted so I made an assumption.

My bad dude I looked to see were your from and it wasn't posted so I made an assumption.

It's fine man! Just a misunderstanding but thank you for taking the time to post, so which build do you think is better?

actually your build looks really good, though if you want to overclock i recommend spending more on your cooler. (lower one)

Though I'd swap the Crucial SSD for the EVO that you have in your upper build.

Ok for the lower build what cooler would you suggest and taking into consideration that I swap the Crucial for an EVO what build would you say is better?

It's fine man! Just a misunderstanding but thank you for taking the time to post, so which build do you think is better?

Ok for the lower build what cooler would you suggest and taking into consideration that I swap the Crucial for an EVO what build would you say is better?

I'd go with the lower build.

for coolers, I personally would spend some money to get watercooling, like Corsair H100i or NZXT Kraken x60/x61 but that is cuz im a silencefreak and I'm very conscious about the esthetics of my build :P

if you want something at a reasonable pricepoint i might go with something like the "Phanteks PH-TC12DX" or for a bit more the "Phanteks PH-TC14PE"