Which GTX780

79wjd

In a month I'm going to be going back to college for my second (of four) year(s), and I haven't quite decided how I'm going to handle my gaming rig.... I'm either going to dissemble the whole thing and bring it back and forth in my carry on (excluding the case, which I'll buy and leave there) OR build a second computer to leave there and not deal with the tousle of bringing it back and forth.... 

In the event that I do the latter (buy a second computer for college) I'll need to rebut everything... 

The question I have is, should I get a reference reference cooler 780 or another ACX to match my current 780? On one hand I want to get a second 780 w/ ACX so it will match my current ACX 780, for when I eventually SLI it, but on the other hand, a blower card might be a good idea since I'm using a matx case (350D). I don't really foresee SLI 780s w/ acx being an issue as I can always make a skirt around the card and a 120mm fan forcing air into the top card...but...idk. 

pretty much identical to the one I have no, except non-k cpu, and h97 board as I shouldn't need to oc for the next three years. I'd also get a 4690/4670 and h97/h87--whatever happens to be cheaper (if the difference is a decent amount). I'm going to go with an 850w psu since I will eventually SLI the two 780s together, and 1866 ram to complement the 1866 thats in my build right now. And I don't need more than a 120gb ssd since I'm only using 40~ gb of my 256gb ssd now...although part of me wonders if I should get another 250/256gb ssd so I can eventually set them up in raid 0. As for the psu, I'm going to be going for the cheapest EVGA/Cooler Master/Corsair fully modular psu with black cables. 

Again, I'm not going to be buying anything for a month, so prices will definitely change by then. 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($214.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: MSI H97M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($88.99 @ Mac Mall) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($80.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card  ($499.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($56.99 @ Mac Mall) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Total: $1196.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I will say pick reference for small casings

the ACX blower is great for single GPU rigs

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I would say reference because the ACX coolers dump hot air in the case and with 2 of them, the overall temp of your system would increase a lot. The reference coolers dissipate heat out the back, so you should go with that.

Life.exe is missing