$1600 Gaming Rig: Thoughts and Suggestions

1. Budget & Location

Budget: roughly $1600-1700 (does not include peripherals or monitor)

2. Aim
Mostly will be using this system for gaming with maxed out settings for most AAA/popular games.  I have an i7-3770 setup i got from dell outlet 1.5 years ago that I will be using for video editing and streaming.

3. Monitors
I have 2 27" LG 1080p monitors at the moment but will be getting the LG 34um95 when they get all the issues/stock availability worked out.  The 34um95 will be connected to both systems for video editing with my current rig and then gaming with the new rig.

4. Peripherals
Already have a mouse, keyboard and headset.  I will need to get Windows 8 OS.

5. Why are you upgrading?
Building the new rig because I want a dedicated gaming pc that can max games out unlike my current rig.

So far I have this build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/N3fxRB

Suggestions on a AIO watercooler for the cpu, going to use one until I upgrade to a custom water loop in the future?

Cheapest place to buy the Windows OS?

I'm up to suggestions for all parts except would like to stay with nvidia gpu and full tower case for future SLI and watercooling.

Also thoughts on the 780 6gb vs a 780ti 3gb, I was leaning towards the 6gb for when I get the 34um95 but if a 780ti can handle it and give me better performance then that would be great.  I just have been reading all the stuff about VRAM limits being pushed by recent games(watch dogs) and if that is a trend for future games then I want to be prepared for it.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($118.99 @ Newegg) 

Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($82.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($339.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($339.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $1487.89

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

if you plan on an AIO, H105, but D14 will have around the same performance

G2a or reddit.com/r/softwareswap

H100i AIO IMO...or the 110...idk what that case allows

That PSU is way overkill unless you want to add another 780 soon.  650 would be plenty for single gpu.

I would stick with the 780..I don't think the TI is worth it.

Also check out the Phantek Enthoo Pro case...cheaper and pretty dang nice.

I have SLI'ed 760s, I would strongly advise against and if I could take it back I definitely would have went with 1x GTX 780 Ti 

I've never experienced Crossfire, but if the support is anything like SLI, don't waste your time. 

H100i AIO IMO...or the 110...idk what that case allows

That PSU is way overkill unless you want to add another 780 soon.  650 would be plenty for single gpu.

I would stick with the 780..I don't think the TI is worth it.

Also check out the Phantek Enthoo Pro case...cheaper and pretty dang nice.

Yea I don't know how soon I would SLI unless the 800 series brings a big drop in the 700 series prices.

Do have any recommendations for a psu then?  The lowest the EVGA G2 goes is 750.  

I have considered the Enthoo Pro but just like the looks of the 750D more and after newegg rebate it is only 10 more than the pro right now.

1. Budget & Location

Budget: roughly $1600-1700 (does not include peripherals or monitor)

2. Aim

Mostly will be using this system for gaming with maxed out settings for most AAA/popular games.  I have an i7-3770 setup i got from dell outlet 1.5 years ago that I will be using for video editing and streaming.

3. Monitors

I have 2 27" LG 1080p monitors at the moment but will be getting the LG 34um95 when they get all the issues/stock availability worked out.  The 34um95 will be connected to both systems for video editing with my current rig and then gaming with the new rig.

4. Peripherals

Already have a mouse, keyboard and headset.  I will need to get Windows 8 OS.

5. Why are you upgrading?

Building the new rig because I want a dedicated gaming pc that can max games out unlike my current rig.

So far I have this build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/N3fxRB

Suggestions on a AIO watercooler for the cpu, going to use one until I upgrade to a custom water loop in the future?

Cheapest place to buy the Windows OS?

I'm up to suggestions for all parts except would like to stay with nvidia gpu and full tower case for future SLI and watercooling.

Also thoughts on the 780 6gb vs a 780ti 3gb, I was leaning towards the 6gb for when I get the 34um95 but if a 780ti can handle it and give me better performance then that would be great.  I just have been reading all the stuff about VRAM limits being pushed by recent games(watch dogs) and if that is a trend for future games then I want to be prepared for it.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

A good build.

Two thoughts on the AIO. The Kraken X61 is good and can be run quiet. But if you are considering a custom loop you might want to give some thought to the Swiftech H320 (or H220) which can have its loop expanded - see the link for details.

If the budget will handle it, go for the 6GB. Likely doesn't make a difference right now but it likely will help extend the systems useful life.

There is a site that supposedly sells valid Windows keys at very good prices. Personally I prefer buying a license from a mainstream merchant.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Yea I don't know how soon I would SLI unless the 800 series brings a big drop in the 700 series prices.

Do have any recommendations for a psu then?  The lowest the EVGA G2 goes is 750.  

I have considered the Enthoo Pro but just like the looks of the 750D more and after newegg rebate it is only 10 more than the pro right now.

anything with a Seasonic OEM is good.

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($118.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($82.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1487.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

if you plan on an AIO, H105, but D14 will have around the same performance
G2a or reddit.com/r/softwareswap

What about replacing the PSU with the EVGA SuperNOVA 650G?

Derp crossfire.