Is Dishonored Poorly Optimized?

RelentlessAF

Hey guys, so I've been playing Dishonored lately and I have been getting massive frame dropping on the High settings. Switching it to normal doesn't help much either. It's strange though as tyhe game doesn't even look very good, especially compared to Far Cry 3 which runs on high like a champ without any frame dropping. Another thing that's rather odd is that I have vsync shut off yet the framerate caps at 60FPS, any solutions would be helpful! Thank you!

GPU: GTX 660 2GB OC'ed +40 mhz memory clock 110% Power Usage.

CPU: intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.0Ghz

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

PSU: Corsair 600W

CPU temps hit about 60C when in-game as well. I'm going to clean the PC out anyway it's been about a month since I gave it thorough cleaning anyhow.

Sounds odd, I only have a 670 and it runs like butter on top settings on my system, I never get drops anywhere in that game, in fact I'd describe it as one of the best running games I've played on my system.

A quick Google has shown me that this is a common issue though. :wacko:

Sounds abit strange my laptop even runs the game well I did not see frame drops.

Dishonored has a vastly different art style which i think is fantastic, and so you cant compare really to FC3

If your monitor is capped at 60Hz well....

Looking for a job

Dishonored has a vastly different art style which i think is fantastic, and so you cant compare really to FC3

If your monitor is capped at 60Hz well....

I'm not comparing it based on actual artistic style. I'm basing it on what it would take to render the chosen art-style. Regardless of Monitor refresh rate your GPU can still push out more frames than the refresh rate, they just won't be seen. What I don't get is all my other games allow the frame-rate to climb past 60 yet this deos not which is usually cause by frame-limiting (usually V-sync, but that is off) and I don't see an option to disable frame-limiting.

EDIT: Maybe there's a config setting to change, it is on Unreal.

That's very strange. The only two things that come to mind for me is driver optimization. 

That's very strange. The only two things that come to mind for me is driver optimization. 

It's possible, I do have the latest Drivers but you don't necessarily see "X% increase in Dishonored performance" in the patch notes anymore xD

I used to play Dishonored on a Athlon, and GTX 240 on max with no problems; now i have a set up similar to yours, and it runs great.

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

This seems especially odd to me since I have those exact same specs (minus the K on my CPU) and it runs just fine for me. Max settings at 1080p and I easily get 60fps all the time. Must be something software-related.