need some help for new laptop

belami

i first wanted to build a new desktop but money is litle shoort and i need something that i can travel with so here is my question

this is my old laptop:

asus n56vz
intel i5 3210M 2,5Ghz
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
750GB 5400rpm
nvidia 650m
15.6 FHD matte display

and now im thinking about buying the asus g550jk

Intel Core i7 4700HQ Quad-core (2.4GHz-3.40 GHz Turbo, 6M, 47W)

12GB DDR3L 1600MHz

1TB 7200rpm

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M 4GB DDR3

15.6" FHD IPS Non-glare EWV

so my question is how much overall the g550jk is better and how good is the gtx850m,i know its not the best mobile GPU but how it is compared to 650m?

im going with ASUS because i alredy used 2 laptops from tham and thay work without a problem (first one was ASUS k52jr,now 4years old but still working,my brother is using it now without a problem)

sorry if there are any mistakes,my english is not the best .

If you take a look at this: http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-850M-vs-GeForce-GT-650M, you'll find the gtx 750m surprisingly impressive. The 4700HQ is fast enough for most cpu intensive applications, and I have used it for computer aided design software, and gaming without a hitch. You may want to also take a look at the lenovo y50: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/. The 8gb vs the 12gb of ram is not an issue because ram can be upgraded, and you shouldn't need more than 8gb for anything but video editing or CAD. Also, the 4gb or vram vs the 2gb of vram shouldn't make a difference unless you are connecting an external high resolution display. Good luck in picking your new laptop.