I got nothing

1. Budget & Location

Hello everyone my friend would like to know what system he could get before he goes ordering parts he has a budget of $1,100 and he is located in Australia (he will stretch the budget to $1,200 if needed)

2. Aim

My friend plans to do medium to heavy editing and medium gaming on all kinds of games he plays everything

3. Monitors

He has one already but may be planing up to 3 I will edit the post when he texts me back

4. Peripherals

He already have a keyboard and mouse and one monitor and he will need an OS

5. Why are you upgrading?

He doesn't have a pc and wants to get into pc gaming and editing

Please recommend parts that are good for what he wants because like the title states I got nothing

What do you mean by medium to heavy editing? What kind of projects is he working on? Programs being used?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What do you mean by medium to heavy editing? What kind of projects is he working on? Programs being used?

Unfortunately he wasn't to specific about those so I'm not sure sorry I couldn't be more help than this

hows this? 

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($295.00 @ CPL Online) 
Motherboard: Asus H97-PLUS ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($138.00 @ CPL Online) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($68.00 @ CPL Online) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280 3GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($279.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($84.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($115.00 @ CPL Online) 
Total: $1273.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Unfortunately he wasn't to specific about those so I'm not sure sorry I couldn't be more help than this

ask him

Can you ask him for more information?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

hows this? 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($185.00 @ CPL Online) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($68.00 @ CPL Online) 

Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280 3GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($279.00 @ PCCaseGear) 

Power Supply: Silverstone Strider 600W 80+ Silver Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.00 @ PCCaseGear) 

Total: $1273.00

His mum and dad won't let him spend anymore than $1,250 because he needs to buy a car and stuff

Can you ask him for more information?

I will ask him when he replies to my text

His mum and dad won't let him spend anymore than $1,250 because he needs to buy a car and stuff

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($239.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Total: $1233.00

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

What about buying th OS from G2A? It is like, $30. I bought it from there and it works fine :)

EDIT - and I highly recommend taking a look at umart. I ordered most of my parts there and it was great. Especially if you are in Queensland the shipping is cheaper and you can pick it up if you want (the warehouse is in Brisbania i think)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza