black screen when instaling windows 7?

rainbrodash666

so my friend bought a Toshiba L505-es5018 that had a bad hdd, I replaced the hdd and when I insert my windows 7 install disk it will show loading windows, then the windows 7 logo screen then it just goes black screen with backlight on. I am going to try a usb installer tonight but any ideas would help.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

so my friend bought a Toshiba L505-es5018 that had a bad hdd, I replaced the hdd and when I insert my windows 7 install disk it will show loading windows, then the windows 7 logo screen then it just goes black screen with backlight on. I am going to try a usb installer tonight but any ideas would help.

try using the external display from VGA

i think its because of the GPU drivers not installed

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

try using the external display from VGA

i think its because of the GPU drivers not installed

same thing happens with usb installer as with disk, even connected to external monitor.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

same thing happens with usb installer as with disk, even connected to external monitor.

weird

may sound like a GPU issue to me

but does the BIOS shows any display?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

weird

may sound like a GPU issue to me

but does the BIOS shows any display?

bios, boot menu, inital loading and "starting' screen of disk show as well as my hirens boot cd. Im going to try and install windows on the hdd using my desktop and then pre load some drivers then throw the preloaded drive into the laptop.

Spoiler

bios, boot menu, inital loading and "starting' screen of disk show as well as my hirens boot cd. Im going to try and install windows on the hdd using my desktop and then pre load some drivers then throw the preloaded drive into the laptop.

you could try that

strangely nvr encounter this with my Acer laptops and the WD Black drives 

you could try that

strangely nvr encounter this with my Acer laptops and the WD Black drives

Yeah I'm working with an older drive from another Toshiba but I know it works

Spoiler