Purchasing Laptop Inquiry

Masterade

I thought iris wasn't out yet, man I'm behind

Look at my sig LOL

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Well, I guess that solves it. I concluded (through discussion) that the laptop I chose was really the only thing that would work for me.

Thanks everyone for your input! I'll look around a bit more still.

/thread

Sorry, we all kinda bashed your choice... To be honest tho, it is a good choice considering your budget. You weren't gonna get a G750JZ for that money...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Look at my sig LOL

lol, :rolleyes:  but is it currently only on mac?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Well, I guess that solves it. I concluded (through discussion) that the laptop I chose was really the only thing that would work for me.

Thanks everyone for your input! I'll look around a bit more still.

/thread

Yeah man don't be too hard, it could of been worse.. You could had this!

http://www.samsung.com/africa_en/consumer/pc-peripherals-printer/notebook-pc/archived-notebook-pc/NP300E5A-A05ZA-spec

(What I have, awesome but basic)

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

lol, :rolleyes:  but is it currently only on mac?

No, but for the most part. They do sell the i7 4770R, which is basically a desktop CPU for the LGA 1150 platform with Iris graphics (to challenge AMD APUs sorta).

Apple was always asking Intel for better integrated graphics solutions since that is the only thing you can really put in an ultrabook.