Hello ,

I'm preparing to build a budget-gaming PC , and I'm stuck on the CPU part. I can't say I have little experience in building one but I've fallen behind with the new technologies. 

I will obviously be picking the motherboard according to the CPU, so it's not worth mentioning any.

I will say that I'm planning on buying a MSI GTX 750 TI Twin Frozr, since it best suits my budget.

I want to spend ~180$ on a CPU. As of now, I'm working with android , c and c++ development (so no 3D or video rendering) and gaming which I expect would run well on that GPU. (you probably need to know what I will be using that CPU at)

My first ideas were FX-6300 or i3 4330 , both which fit my budget but I'm not sure they are not the right choice.

So what would you guys recommend? 

What's the total budget for your PC?

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

What's the total budget for your PC?

Total budget is ~700$, but stuff in my country is alot more expensive (Europe) , so for example the FX-6300 costs ~150$

Which games?

League of Legends, BF4,  GTA4 + 5 when it comes out on PC, Aion, all assasin's creed games because I haven't got the chance to play them since the 2nd game. But I want to try out alot of new generation games since I couldn't on my old PC

$180? get an 8320

This.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

League of Legends, BF4,  GTA4 + 5 when it comes out on PC, Aion, all assasin's creed games because I haven't got the chance to play them since the 2nd game. But I want to try out alot of new generation games since I couldn't on my old PC

Well LoL would run better on i3's but 90 fps vs 60 fps doesn't matter. Assassin's creed is crappy multithreaded, i3's would do better but I bet you're going to be gpu bound there. Leaves us aion which is an mmo, the performance i3's will offer is complety worth it for that game if you're doing raids and stuff. Not much to add, both cpu's will make you happy

This.

Question is , why does the i3 4330 versus the fx 8320 get a higher score ?

Untitled.png

Question is , why does the i3 4330 versus the fx 8320 get a higher score ?

Untitled.png

it has higher single thread performace meaning it can do more stuff on one core than the 8320

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

it has higher single thread performace meaning it can do more stuff on one core than the 8320

So does this make a major diffrence in some games vs the fx 8320?

So does this make a major diffrence in some games vs the fx 8320?

in games like LoL yes

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

When u ask for help pls state YOUR OWN currency, NEVER try to transfer your currency to dollars. America has the best prices on HW since the companies are based in there (mostly). So if you are in Europe, ask people to use pcpartpicker for europe or search website for your country and use actual price of the product in your region. 

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  (€110.59 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€44.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€58.90 @ Caseking) 

Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€64.90 @ Caseking) 

Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB Core Edition Video Card  (€116.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (€38.01 @ Hardwareversand) 

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  (€43.48 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Total: €528.05

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

In EUR. Is this close to your budget or too much?

As said don't try convert between it won't work.

I would totally go with the FX-8320 over a i3-Anything. I just went through helping a friend upgrade his i3-3220 to a i5-3570 because the dual core wasn't fast enough for most of the games he was beta testing. It set him back about 350 bucks since he didn't feel comfortable installing a CPU and had a professional do it.

8 cores vs 2 cores there is no comparison. Sure a dual core will run your games but that's it. You won't find it able to multi-task much, like stream games on twitch or watch movies on a second monitor. If you go with a dual core i3, you will be upgrading it right away to a quad core once you figure out your system.

New games in the future will take advantage of more cores, I would consider a i3 to be baseline for today's games. BF4 isn't going to run awesome on a i3. It will take full advantage of a FX-8320 8 cores though. Also for your budget, AMD mainboards are generally cheaper and have more features than Intel mainboards. On the high end intel has better offerings, but at 700$ I would go with AMD.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  (€110.59 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€44.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€58.90 @ Caseking) 
Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€64.90 @ Caseking) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB Core Edition Video Card  (€116.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (€38.01 @ Hardwareversand) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  (€43.48 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €528.05
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

In EUR. Is this close to your budget or too much?

As said don't try convert between it won't work.

Yes, the prices are almost exactly like the ones in my stores here.

Well you can get later down the road a i5/i7 anytime, there's not much more interesting from amd above the 8320.

I would totally go with the FX-8320 over a i3-Anything. I just went through helping a friend upgrade his i3-3220 to a i5-3570 because the dual core wasn't fast enough for most of the games he was beta testing. It set him back about 350 bucks since he didn't feel comfortable installing a CPU and had a professional do it.

8 cores vs 2 cores there is no comparison. Sure a dual core will run your games but that's it. You won't find it able to multi-task much, like stream games on twitch or watch movies on a second monitor. If you go with a dual core i3, you will be upgrading it right away to a quad core once you figure out your system.

New games in the future will take advantage of more cores, I would consider a i3 to be baseline for today's games. BF4 isn't going to run awesome on a i3. It will take full advantage of a FX-8320 8 cores though. Also for your budget, AMD mainboards are generally cheaper and have more features than Intel mainboards. On the high end intel has better offerings, but at 700$ I would go with AMD.

Does buying a FX-8320 mean I have to spend money on a good fan? Cause I guess since it packs so much power it would be a shame not to overclock it, right?

Do AMD's fail or get burnt as people say they do? (personally I think not but I was just asking). I'm seeing a 3 year warrinty in my stores.

Does buying a FX-8320 mean I have to spend money on a good fan? Cause I guess since it packs so much power it would be a shame not to overclock it, right?

Do AMD's fail or get burnt as people say they do? (personally I think not but I was just asking). I'm seeing a 3 year warrinty in my stores.

The stock fan is 'good enough' but it is a tad on the loud side for my liking.

And no they don't burn out etc, the CPU is one of the last things to die in system unless you overvolt it dangerously.

And as said Intel offers a good upgrade path from i3s, you can put it in a media system or sell it to a friend to help them into pc gaming or something.

Depends on how much you want to overclock. Best air u can buy these days is Noctua NH-D14 (75e) but there are also be quiet! coolers for almost half the price that could do decent job on moderate overclock. Best bet is to find other people builds with 8320 / 8350 and see what clock + cooler they use.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE