Opinions on the new Star Trek **SPOILERS**

Hi Guys,

First off i would like to say that I am a 'fair weather' trekker. I do enjoy watching the series and films and like the idea of the trek universe, but I don't go so far as dressing up and roleplaying etc...

So I watched the new film in the weekend, and after loving the first reboot I'm not sure if I like this storyline.

After watching the first teaser trailers and all the hype and rumours about it being a Khan re-make I hid myself away for any further details about the film, so I went in not really knowing much.
I was genuinely surprised when Harrison revealed himself as Khan and I thought "ok, so it is Khan again, let's see how it is refreshed" and it was going really well up until they started re-using the same sub-plots as the original, only with Kirk and Spock reversed.
This is where I can't decide if I like it or not; yes the Khan plot is brilliant, but I think I would have liked a more different 'modern' re-interpretation of it.

All in all it is still a brilliant film, highly recommended, it just has that minor bug bear for me.

What are your thoughts on this?

P.S. Linus I've seen on twitter that you watched it in the weekend, maybe you can throw your two cents in? 

PC Specs: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz 1.165v, Corsair H100i + 2x SP120 PE in Pull, Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero, 8GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 1600mhz, X-fire Sapphire HD7950 3GB OC Dual X Edition, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Fatal1ty, 60GB OCZ Agility 3, 120GB OCZ Agility 3, 480GB Seagate 600 Series, 1TB WD Caviar Black, Corsair TX850, CM Storm Trooper, Win 7 Pro. Peripherals: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard, Logitech G700S Mouse, Sennheiser G4ME ONE Headset, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers. Phone: HTC One M8.

I enjoyed the movie very much, to be honest, I don't really watch these movies for the storyline, just the visual effects and action. So yeah, I enjoyed it very much. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I enjoyed it, And I've only watched maybe 20 episodes of TNG and that's it in the trek universe. has given me enough of an interest to look at watching the old TV series.
I would say more in regards to my opinions on particular events in the movie, but i don't know how to do spoiler tags.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I'm going to see it very soon :)

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

I enjoyed it, And I've only watched maybe 20 episodes of TNG and that's it in the trek universe. has given me enough of an interest to look at watching the old TV series.

I would say more in regards to my opinions on particular events in the movie, but i don't know how to do spoiler tags.

There's the special BB code button next to the font selector, it's in the drop down on that.

PC Specs: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz 1.165v, Corsair H100i + 2x SP120 PE in Pull, Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero, 8GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 1600mhz, X-fire Sapphire HD7950 3GB OC Dual X Edition, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Fatal1ty, 60GB OCZ Agility 3, 120GB OCZ Agility 3, 480GB Seagate 600 Series, 1TB WD Caviar Black, Corsair TX850, CM Storm Trooper, Win 7 Pro. Peripherals: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard, Logitech G700S Mouse, Sennheiser G4ME ONE Headset, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers. Phone: HTC One M8.

I enjoyed the movie very much, to be honest, I don't really watch these movies for the storyline, just the visual effects and action. So yeah, I enjoyed it very much. 

Im about the same.  Im not so into the constant edge of seat thriller kind of stuff, but the effects and sound are totally worth it!

The MAIN REASON to see it at the cinema is when you hear the starships jump to warp...       Boom!

Not many home theatres are that good   :D

Im about the same.  Im not so into the constant edge of seat thriller kind of stuff, but the effects and sound are totally worth it!

The MAIN REASON to see it at the cinema is when you hear the starships jump to warp...       Boom!

Not many home theatres are that good   :D

Omg yes, and the Enterprise is just so pretty! 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 -