Hey feloow LinusTech forumers!

Today I got a new power supply and I'm planning to sleeve it. However due to my limited research, I didn't look into if the wires were easy to sleeve or not.

post-77942-0-77061600-1405230447_thumb.jpost-77942-0-59496100-1405230460_thumb.jpost-77942-0-51733000-1405230467_thumb.j

My problem is that some of the wires have these bumps in the heat shrink. I was wondering what they are and if they are double wire things. If this is a double wire than how do I sleeve it? I already went on evga and got the mir so I cant return it. All help is much appreciated. 

post-77942-0-71953100-1405230440_thumb.j

Remove it? That the current sleeving, heatshrink, and it looks like a tyewrap.

-snip-

I believe the bumps are zip ties.

If you're going to be doing custom sleeving, you can carefully clip those off. You will need to eventually anyways if you're going individually sleeved.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I believe the bumps are zip ties.

If you're going to be doing custom sleeving, you can carefully clip those off. You will need to eventually anyways if you're going individually sleeved.

Try not to quote the op ;)

But yes inorder to individually sleeve it he would have to remove all that which I mentioned which isn't a problem in the least.

Try not to quote the op ;)

Is it against CoC? Sorry I'll edit it. Sometimes people don't know they have answers unless you quote them because they don't follow the threads they make.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

You can mention them like this @Builder :) or snip their post.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

You can mention them like this @Builder :) or snip their post.

I snipped his post in my edit. I will do that from now on. 

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

@bryannahangman

Can you update us, I want to see how this turns out as I was planning on buying that PSU and also sleeving it.

@bryannahangman

Can I ask how you are planning on sleeving it? Are you going to use heatshrink or just melt the sleeve, what sleeve are you using and stuff like that.

When I sleeved my computer, I found that paracord was the cheapest and best-looking way of doing it. This also meant that I didn't have to use heatshrink on the connectors to the components which has a cool look.

If you haven't already got the sleeving to do it, I suggest researching this method as I think the results are better than some of the specific solutions you can get.

ArduousFormula

It is a capacitor. I have the evga 1300w and they have capacitors on them. I found a guy on OCN who did a guide to sleeving their PSU's. Here is the link

http://www.overclock.net/t/1494167/tutorial-sleeving-evga-supernova-1300-g2-with-capacitors-and-stealth-lacing

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

thx monty for the link. Arduous Formula im gonna use sleeving by lutro0 from FrozenCpu since its so much cheaper than dazmode (i'm canadian). I'm still thinking whether I should use heatshrink or not. Which would you reccomend for first timers? And also how do I quote a poste lawl

Sleeving for cables:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/22351/slv-483/LutroO_Customs_Teleios_4mm_Sleeving_-_White_-_25_Foot_.html?tl=g60c691

Sleeving for sata:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/22360/slv-494/LutroO_Customs_Teleios_8mm_SATA_Sleeving_-_White.html?tl=g60c691

AirKing if you aare going to sleeve it then I wouldnt recommend this powersupply because pretty much every cable has a capacitator. i would've gone back to NCIX to exchange it for something easier but I already sent the mail in rebate to EVGA. However I'll till update this post as we go along. 

Update 1: WTF! 

I intstalled the new power supply in my current rig and I dont get any vide output! The fans are all on but theres no video output. I double checked for anything not plugged in and theres nothing. Currently I'm putting back my old one (CX-500M) to see if it works. If that woks I think my EVGA psu is probably defected.