Anyone Using AMD RAPTR?

GrantSor+1

How is it? Do you really get the "benefits" and points? Have you purchased something using points?

i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz | Stock Cooler :/ | ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X EXTREME | Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 960 100th ME 2GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Seasonic m12ii evo 750W | Razer Modded Phantom 410

nop UI sucks and it has no reason for me to keep it running on the background ,yes i purchase tickets for their graphics card giveaways never won anything.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I use it. You get the points, else I found no benefits. I didn't buy anything for the points because 1. everything is very expensive of course and 2, I want to see if I can get enough points to buy a GPU  :D .

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E + AMD Ryzen 3800X; EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Supersilent; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W; Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + 2x 1TB 860 EVO; PHANTEKS Evolve X + Custom Liquid Cooling

Was using it. Was Horrible.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Erm I use it for the DVR, and generally trying to save up for stuff to buy with points, but otherwise, I do use it mostly for optimizing games, and seeing if I like it, was able to get a sweet spot for BF4, then they changed it and asked me to optimize to a lower setting, then ignored it

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I got rid of it immediately, absolutely hated it.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

I use it. You get the points, else I found no benefits. I didn't buy anything for the points because 1. everything is very expensive of course and 2, I want to see if I can get enough points to buy a GPU  :D .

Does it yet have the recording software equivalent to Shadowplay?

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

!!Unpopular opinion alert!!

I actually like it, the points system is useless but fun regardless, it acts as a indicator for how much I play and it can't hurt to use them to possibly get games. The twitch thing is useless to me, I don't have a good connection. As for the game DVR it is a different story, I was able to record 1080P 60 FPS, and I was still getting 100+ FPS in-game. Not to mention that the quality of the videos was great, unlike the one I got from OBS witch was full of odd artifacts. (I couldn't get the settings right)

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I would say yes, it didn't cause any frame-dropping for me in BF4, and the quality of the recording was great as well, 1080p 60 FPS. Then again I have BF4 on the SSD and was recording to the HDD.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I would say yes, it didn't cause any frame-dropping for me in BF4, and the quality of the recording was great as well, 1080p 60 FPS. Then again I have BF4 on the SSD and was recording to the HDD.

Sure thing. Does it have the shadow mode/whatever it is for AMD? And how is the stability? Is it still crashing when you touch your mouse? :D

Sorry for the question spam, the recording program is going to be the deciding factor whether I will go with R or GTX. :F

Just get ShadowPlay performs better if you have a nvidia gpu. Raptor does have GameDVR for recording.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Sure thing. Does it have the shadow mode/whatever it is for AMD? And how is the stability? Is it still crashing when you touch your mouse? :D

Sorry for the question spam, the recording program is going to be the deciding factor whether I will go with R or GTX. :F

Yes, you can set it to automatically record up to 600 seconds (10min) worth of footage, press a button an it will save that track.

When it comes to crashing it depends on the game, in BF4 it worked fine, but other games may crash on start-up (shogun 2, had to disable it to play). I didn't try disabling steam overlay and using it then because I wasn't planning on recording, I heard that origins overlay caused problems with it as well.

I am thinking about putting it to the test properly, so far the only game I have recorded at all is BF4, others I have just had it running. (Or turned off in favor of steam's or origins overlay) 

I might make a "review" of it later, seeing that I am in the minority of people that like raptor even a little. I am also intrigued to find out if all the hate is justified for my self.

Spoiler

Yes, you can set it to automatically record up to 600 seconds (10min) worth of footage, press a button an it will save that track.

When it comes to crashing it depends on the game, in BF4 it worked fine, but other games may crash on start-up (shogun 2, had to disable it to play). I didn't try disabling steam overlay and using it then because I wasn't planning on recording, I heard that origins overlay caused problems with it as well.

I am thinking about putting it to the test properly, so far the only game I have recorded at all is BF4, others I have just had it running. (Or turned off in favor of steam's or origins overlay) 

I might make a "review" of it later, seeing that I am in the minority of people that like raptor even a little. I am also intrigued to find out if all the hate is justified for my self.

Well that is nice.

I hope a lot that it is going to get better. Shadowplay and Shadow Mode are the only things that would make me buy an Nvidia graphics card. Now that I know this, I'll most likely going to go with Radeon.

Thanks for the answers, looking forward for the review if you are going to make one. :D

If it has I did not find it  :D . But I have to admit I didn't look too much into it. It's basically in the background all the time and as long as it doesn't annoy me it can stay there. And maybe some day in many many years I will have enough points to buy a GPU  ^_^ .

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E + AMD Ryzen 3800X; EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Supersilent; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W; Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + 2x 1TB 860 EVO; PHANTEKS Evolve X + Custom Liquid Cooling

If it has I did not find it  :D . But I have to admit I didn't look too much into it. It's basically in the background all the time and as long as it doesn't annoy me it can stay there. And maybe some day in many many years I will have enough points to buy a GPU  ^_^ .

How much points is needed for GPUs? And how many do you have? 

Just curiosity. :D

How much points is needed for GPUs? And how many do you have? 

Just curiosity. :D

I use it since it comes with the driver and have collected 3.692 points, mostly by just playing (I think about 800 or so for setting up a profile, optimizing some games etc).

A Sapphire R7 260X is 35.000 points (they say it's 50% off and costs 70.000 normally, but that "offer" runs since I use it). A Sapphire R9 270 costs 80.000 points (again they say it's 41% off and costs 135.000 normally, again this offer runs since I use it). Altough I don't play that much games that are in the app at the moment. You can get max 40-50 points a day with playing I think. Sometimes you only have to play 30 minutes for that, sometimes 5 hours (I think it doesn't work properly yet). I just keep on using it since it's not annoying you and really just runs in the background. Who know maybe one day I will have enough to buy a GPU, given that I will keep on using AMD cards.

I use it since it comes with the driver and have collected 3.692 points, mostly by just playing (I think about 800 or so for setting up a profile, optimizing some games etc).

A Sapphire R7 260X is 35.000 points (they say it's 50% off and costs 70.000 normally, but that "offer" runs since I use it). A Sapphire R9 270 costs 80.000 points (again they say it's 41% off and costs 135.000 normally, again this offer runs since I use it). Altough I don't play that much games that are in the app at the moment. You can get max 40-50 points a day with playing I think. Sometimes you only have to play 30 minutes for that, sometimes 5 hours (I think it doesn't work properly yet). I just keep on using it since it's not annoying you and really just runs in the background. Who know maybe one day I will have enough to buy a GPU, given that I will keep on using AMD cards.

Haha, well that's neat. 

I bet there's a guy who is "mining" graphics cards with his 40 R7 240s. :D

The DVR recording is decent, but everything else about it feels useless. I only use it to record gameplay. 

PC SPECS: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz (CPU) || MSI 970A-G43 (MB) || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz (RAM) || MSI AMD 6870 1GB (GPU) || Aerocool 6th Element (CASE) || Sandisk 64GB SSD + Seagate 500GB HDD (STORAGE) || XFX 550w Pro Series (PSU) || ASUS MX239H 23" (MONITOR) || Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (COOLER) || Logitech G110 (KEYBOARD)

Hmmm.
You just hate it. Im looking for comments that has "performance issues" or whatever.

i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz | Stock Cooler :/ | ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X EXTREME | Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 960 100th ME 2GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Seasonic m12ii evo 750W | Razer Modded Phantom 410

It's a retarded app imo, and this is why:

-First off, the user interface is dumb. I don't know who designs those instead of going for a clean looking and functional one. Full screen layout feels sluggish. I also don't like the app maximized, 

-Game optimizations are mostly wrong. It kinda "forces" you to a specific preset and if you change something manually, even in the app itself, it keeps saying that the game isn't optimized.

-DVR is a plus. and aparently works decently. I would like to see it as part of the AMD drivers and not part of an app. 

-Twitch streaming is beta for ages: typical AMD, the queen of unfinished software. Tbh, it's kinda useless since alot of game are starting to come out with a streaming option inbuilt. Also, a regular streamer would use OBS or xplit and probably use Intel quicksync or adm integrated gpu for that.

-The point system is a plus: you can get free stuff out of it, but thats the only good thing there

Haha, well that's neat. 

I bet there's a guy who is "mining" graphics cards with his 40 R7 240s. :D

I'm sure you mean with his 60 R5 230s  :lol: .

i used it for like 10 secs, and never botherd to start it up again

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

My son and I have it installed... it doesn't hurt performance of our systems, and it is simple to set up and use.  It keeps your GPU updated, and gives you the option to ignore updates too.  It tracks gameplay time, and ranks you according to other players of the same game.  The points system is automatically tallied for you to use on gaming gear/raffles.  I haven't seen any problems with it... and anything you don't like can be excluded in the settings.  There is really no downside to it besides the minute or so of setup... which isn't that long actually.  Give it a try, if you don't like it just delete it.

My rig =SCOUT2= 

No. Messed up my battlefield and tried to enhance it without me knowing, stopped working. Runs in background. Useless. Deleted right after getting catalyst

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W