so I'm planning this big mod but I'm not sure if it is worth it

Hi guys I'm new to this forum and I really need help. As the title says I'm planning on doing this huge case mod because when I got my new case (300r) I didin't realize I wanted to water cool. As most of you know the 300r is a fairly budget oriented case and its radiator support is terrible. My idea to get around this problem was to build a alluminium box on top of the PC and put all the radiators in the (1 or 2 360mm radiators and 1 240mm radiator) in the box. I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I wonder if it would be easier just to get a better case because I think making it would be hard and whether it would even work. Making it would be hard for me because I don't have access to high end tools. On the other hand getting a new case would be expensive and would cause me putting off water cooling for a while. As far as I can tell no one has done this before because they think about the car they get and don't cheap out on it like me.

By the way my specs are:

Fx8350

R9 290

8gb ram

500gb hard drive

Gigabyte mobo

300r

honestly i would get a new case. making the work yourself is difficult especially without the tools. 

ANDDDDD Welcome to the forum!!! enjoy your stay!!!!!

LTT Sheep ftw!

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Welcome to the forum!

New case. Get one that actually does what you want it to do and think about trying to get a more of a "future-proof" case. Figure out what you might want to do with your rig in the future and try to buy a case to fit those needs as well. 

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Welcome to the forum, I'm pretty new as well as you can see. As for you question, I'd just buy a better case, you be causing yourself a lot of hassle for no real reason, unless you really just want to mod the crap out of the case and go completely nuts :P

I'd do the mod, it probably won't cost too much and you can always pull out it if you don't think you can finish up... :P

Compatible with Windows 95

Thanks guys I think I will look into it but will probably end up getting a new case. By the way what car would be good for water cooling without spending loads like under £100 ( I live in the UK)

Looks like it would be easier to cut the front and top of the case as well as removing the 5 1/4" bays so that you can fit 2 360s in the front and top. having everything inside the case is much better than having external watercooling parts. 

This is what RomeoKilo did with his corsair C70

DSC02395_zpsbc9bfb6c.jpg

I know you don't have quite as much room as him in your 300r but you could still most likely fit it, just do some measurements. This would be a lot easier than making something out of aluminum. The only major thing it would require is a dremel which isn't very expensive.