Need help encrypting a chroot

I have an Acer C720 running Crouton and I love it. But I never encrypted it when I installed it (I'm a noob to this sort of stuff) and I've read up on how to encrypt it, back it up, etc. But the problem I'm having is I need to know the chrootname and I don't. How do I find it?

The chroot name as in the login when your in Chrome OS? Ive only used ChrUbuntu because it makes more sense for me. Also because its in Developer Mode encryption and checking on Chrome OS side is disabled to my knowledge.

I am a happy wuffy

Crouton is the installer for Ubuntu on Chrome, so I guess I'm using Chrubuntu. I am able to switch between Chrome OS and Ubuntu by using Ctrl+Alt+Forward to enter Ubuntu, or Ctrl+Alt+Back to go back to Chrome. The issue is that using Chrubuntu/Crouton/whatever you want to call it leaves the computer in Dev Mode, which is insecure. 

There is an option when installing it to encrypt it, or to encrypt it after the fact. But it requires the chrootname. I have no idea what the default is, because I never looked at it when I ran it. I just installed it, set a username and password and that was that. Unfortunately, that password is the only safety the computer has without encryption. 

This was the tutorial I used to install it: http://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-linux-on-a-chromebook-and-unlock-its-ful-509039343

Everything I've looked up explaining how to encrypt it post install gives the encrypt commands, which require the 'chrootname' modifier, but I don't know the chroot name. The only option I have besides that would be to remove and reinstall it with the encryption commands, but I don't want to do that because then I have to reinstall all my progs, apps, etc. And backup my files because they would be wiped when I remove the crouton shell. 

I figured it out. By logging out of Ubuntu, then going into the chroot panel from Chrome (Ctrl+Alt+T) I was able to get the chrootname by running sudo startxfce4 like I did when I first initiated it. After getting the chroot name, and logging back out of Ubuntu, I was able to encrypt it. 

To do so (for anyone else trying to figure this out) do the following (for example we'll say the chroot's name is 'billy')

Enter the chroot panel with Ctrl+Alt+T

Enter the shell

Run sudo edit-chroot -e billy

You will be prompted for a Chrome OS password, and to create a secure passphrase for encryption. The encryption process takes a few minutes. Afterward, you should be able to run Ubuntu again, but this time with secured encryption.