Buttcoin Founder scammed by VP of Marketing for Butterfly Labs

The founder and main writer of Buttcoin.org, identified on reddit as /u/borderpatrol, revealed on /r/buttcoin that the website he once owned, buttcoin.org, was half-scammed out of his possession. After having some offers for the domain, a man named Jeff offered to buy the domain for "$XX,XXX", although the amount was confirmed to be less than $30,000. 

Buttcoin.org was originally made by borderpatrol to "make fun of" bitcoin miners and was pretty popular at the time of the domain transfer. As stated in the source post, Buttcoin was "ranking between 3-4 for the search term "Butterfly Labs" and "Butterfly Labs Review" and was usually #1 for "Butterfly Labs Scam" and "Is Butterfly Labs ligit". It was obvious to me that the purpose of purchasing the site was to simply remove the negative articles that were destroying their search traffic and making them look bad."

The terms of the domain transfer were as follows:

He explained that he wanted to keep the site like "The Onion of Bitcoin", wanted me to keep writing for a minimum of 6 months. He also wanted everything to be in his daughters name because she was just graduating out of journalism school and he wanted her to learn online publishing.

After the transaction had been made, however, borderpatrol saw that his post entitled, "The $22,484.00 Butterfly Labs Mini Rig bitcoin miner is a huge, broken, unstable piece of shit." was renamed to "The Butterfly Labs Mini Rig is a sexy Bitcoin mining machine".

After doing a little research, borderpatrol found that Jeff was the VP of Marketing for Butterfly Labs and realized that this entire thing was to get rid of the most popular "hater" of Butterfly Labs. Jeff had even removed editing rights of borderpatrol even though it was in the agreement that he would be able to keep them.

Borderpatrol is temporarily posting on /r/Buttcoin instead of buttcoin.org for those who want to continue reading his articles.

In my opinion, this sounds like "typical scumbag company". Because their product isn't actually that great, they decided to get rid of the bad reviews instead of actually making the product better and actually showing that they care about their customers. This just tells me that Butterfly Labs knows that their product isn't great and makes me not want to buy their product even more. 

Have you had any experience with Butterfly Labs? If so, was it good or bad?

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Buttcoin/comments/2adssm/buttcoin_foundation_rocked_as_founder_exposed_to/

Cryptocurrency can be risky, extremely risky. this is one of the risk. Theres no such thing as free profit in the world, even if you have the world most powerful bitcoin miner tis not free.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

God damnit, Jeff!

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Oh wow. I thought it was my cloud to butt plugin that was changing the text... Then I saw the reddit banner. :D

Oh wow. I thought it was my cloud to butt plugin that was changing the text... Then I saw the reddit banner. :D

I completely forgot I had that plugin installed. It's a good thing it's actually buttcoin, not cloudcoin, otherwise this post would be slightly off!

How many crypto currencies are there? this is new to me,  Can Somebody make a tech_dreamer (T_D Coin) crypto currency? :mellow:

Details separate people.

How many crypto currencies are there? this is new to me,  Can Somebody make a tech_dreamer (T_D Coin) crypto currency? :mellow:

Cryptocurrencies are many there are tons but few are worth it, e.x: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Primecoin, etc

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Cryptocurrencies are many there are tons but few are worth it, e.x: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Primecoin, etc

I'm still waiting on Twerkcoin and Bitchcoin... though I am joking, there is a chance that those both actually exist. :)

There are tons of different cryptocurrencies. Since Bitcoin is open source, then anybody is able to make a crypto currency if they're able to host a blockchain and know what to do with the source code. If you want to, http://www.coingen.io/ offers a service where you pay to have your own crypto currency made, but it's pretty much useless unless you get a ton of miners on-board.

I'm still waiting on Twerkcoin and Bitchcoin... though I am joking, there is a chance that those both actually exist. :)

I wouldn't doubt that they exist at this point  :D

butterfly labs needs to die. they were scammers from day 1

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1