can i turn dre beats into gaming headset

SchmangSchmang

i have a pair of beats by dre pro's and on each ear cup there is a headphone jack.. is it possible to put in a detachable microphone in one ear cup and use them as a headset.. i love the quality of them and it would save money to make them into a pair.. anybody have any idea??

BUILD : CPU-Intel Core i7 4790K | MOTHERBOARD-ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK1 | RAM-G.SKILL RipjawsZ 32GB | GPU-ZOTAC GeForce GTX 780 OC | CASE-Corsair Graphite 760T Black | STORAGE- SATA III 240gb SDD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W Gold | COOLING-Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid

i have a pair of beats by dre pro's and on each ear cup there is a headphone jack.. is it possible to put in a detachable microphone in one ear cup and use them as a headset.. i love the quality of them and it would save money to make them into a pair.. anybody have any idea??

V-moda boompro mic

I have one.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Modmic.

The one I recommended is a better solution, nothing is permanently affixed to headphones, uses the jack.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The one I recommended is a better solution, nothing is permanently affixed to headphones, uses the jack.

Modmic uses magnets I think. Not permanent.

of course you can. first thing you need to do is sell your beats for around $150 - $250. then, buy a Logitch G130 or the like.

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Modmic uses magnets I think. Not permanent.

I thought you put a magnetic thing on you head phones permanently and the mic can connect to that?

I thought you put a magnetic thing on you head phones permanently and the mic can connect to that?

Idk. :/

If you really like your beats, keep them, it's your opinion. I'd get a modmic 4.0. The mic is great and it's quite convenient.

Me neither.

I lyk beuts cuz they hav loud banging nuise

Lyke my car it only has a sub 

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Its a little magnet that u stick on to the side of your headphones then the mod mic attaches to that via magnet.

Op no that second port is just a pass through but mod mic or vmoda boompro will work imo the vmoda is the more elegant solution also did u really say u like the quality? i had a pair of detox and i broke them lol.