why is the r9 290 reference so loud ?

The-youri
Go to solution Solved by Jobbe03,

is there any way to get the card more quieter ? 

Arctic's Accelero Xtreme III

they actually had a new one but partners didnt want to use em, which is what i heard

I doubt they refused to use it because it was awesome.

Still think its completely unacceptable for a reference card to be so badly cooled. Would say exactly the same if Nvidia did it. Just like it was unacceptable what Nvidia did with GeForce FX 5800

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

so i just bought the r9 290 reference card from asus and why is it so damn loud

im thinking to get the corsair hydro water cooler on the release because,

even my friends hear the gpu while talking on skype/teamspeak

( the performance is awesome i upgraded from a msi 660 ti )

thnx , 

why would you buy the reference version when you could go with something like a sapphire tri-x 290, it cools very well.

B/c its Over Clocked  so hard... could always turn fan speed and clocks down a bit... who cares if you lose some performance... at stock/slightly OC'ed it is nearly on par/within margin of a 780............. yet you probably payed more comparable to a gtx 770's price so your already getting far more than what you payed for if you look at the equivalent....

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

B/c its Over Clocked so hard...

err No. How can a reference card be considered as overclocked out of the box? It's loud because AMD screwed up trying to use the same cooler which they use for mid range parts. It can't cope with the TDP so the fan is trying to run fast to compensate.

err No. How can a reference card be considered as overclocked out of the box? It's loud because AMD screwed up trying to use the same cooler which they use for mid range parts. It can't cope with the TDP so the fan is trying to run fast to compensate.

Love how you quoted half a sentence.... >.> 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas