Possible Free IT Certification?

I'm currently a high school senior with little to no funds for online ventures, but I hope to find some reputable certification in my desired field.

I thought that this would be a good place to ask, given that the vast majority of the forum-goers have undergone some kind of computer / IT related training. 

I know that most 'free' certs done really have any merit, but I still rather be completely sure that there is no free options out there.

It isn't really necessary, entering my final year at high school, to have these certifications but I have some annoyingly extra free time during the summer that i'd like to fill.

My field, generalized, is computer science and information technology; but im leaning more towards Computer System Analyst or Database Admin.

Any help would be appreciated. 

The standard for entry level is CompTIA A+ certification. Not really much is requested/recognized among the free end, nor is a certification enough to get you a job. In fact, I don't consider the non-networking certifications proof of anything personally. I've met plenty of people with good certs that I would never hire. I bit the bullet in High School at got some certs and it was worth it. Some vocational/college programs will pay it for you. 

A+ is a couple of hundred bucks and a lot of places require it. It's two tests and asks you generally useless trivial knowledge so be prepared. 

There's brainbench, but meh. That wont get you far. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

The CompTIA A+ certification is your best bet but it's not free, when i got it back in 2004 it was $180 to take the test.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

if you can get a job over the summer for somewhere like frys or another retail electronics store, most of them will at least reemberse you if you pass, but you still need the money upfront :(

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

IT related job or do some open source stuff, freelance or anything else to show you have some practical skills when appyling for real job. At least in our company your CV just with education doesn't mean a lot. Even university degree without some practical skills is useless. There's few interviews and in the end practical tasks with some help from senior developer. When I applied I showed web app that pulled data from one online game API and formatted for us in Wiki. The task I was given was write a class for handling discount for job cart. Another was converting arabic numbers to roman. So my advise is to just get dirty and create something.