Laptop as Secondary Monitor for Desktop in WIndows 7

Hello! I was wondering if it was possible to use a laptop as a secondary monitor for your desktop, creating a multi-monitor setup with a laptop. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Probably not because most laptops only have HDMI/VGA out and you would need HDMI/VGA in.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Hello! I was wondering if it was possible to use a laptop as a secondary monitor for your desktop, creating a multi-monitor setup with a laptop. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Try synergy.

Try synergy.

I second this. Neat little program! But probably not what the OP was looking for...  ^_^

I don't know of any laptops with a video input. You could dismantle the laptop and use the monitor as a second monitor with an adapter, maybe.

I know Wendell from TekSyndicate used the "retina" display from an iPad as a primary monitor. It uses eDisplayPort. You can solder it to a standard DisplayPort.

IMHO, what you are trying to do is not worth the effort, and the input lag would be horrendous with any wireless solution. Just buy a second monitor. One of the best investments you can make.  ;)

I second this. Neat little program! But probably not what the OP was looking for...  ^_^

I don't know of any laptops with a video input. You could dismantle the laptop and use the monitor as a second monitor with an adapter, maybe.

I know Wendell from TekSyndicate used the "retina" display from an iPad as a primary monitor. It uses eDisplayPort. You can solder it to a standard DisplayPort.

IMHO, what you are trying to do is not worth the effort, and the input lag would be horrendous with any wireless solution. Just buy a second monitor. One of the best investments you can make.  ;)

You can use a lcd to vga/dvi converter board from ebay for around 30/40 bucks :)

You will need the panel number for that.