Siberia V2s biting the dust, looking for similar headset

Hey all,

So my beloved SteelSeries Siberia V2s (I know, I know, mainstream peasant etc) are on the verge of dying: sound becomes crackly sometimes, needing me to tap on the headset till it goes away; sound is mono unless the cable is held in a very specific position.

So, I'm looking for a similarly priced, similarly performing headset and would love your suggestions. I'd be fine with a headset without a mic, would like an analog wired connector though.

I live in Austria, so please make sure you don't link ones only available in your region/country.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey there!

I waited last year for the Steelseries 5Hv3 to come out and its the best decision I made regarding a headset. They are a closed headset with incredibly comfortable leather (I can wear them all night without any discomfort). The mic can be hidden the same as your Siberia and it comes with a long (2 meter?) extension wire. The great thing about it is that it also comes with the ability to swap the usual auto/mic jacks into a single jack that you can use on your phone. Like other 5H models, you can also take it apart if you travel with it.

The build quality overall is great. The plastic is nice and firm when you need it, but you can flex it incredibly far without it cracking as well. The only minor complaint I have with it is the fact that it has an orange/redish stitching around the ear pads and if you have short hair (or a stubble beard) it can cause the stitching to fray. So far this hasn't affected the quality of the joint, only the cosmetic look.

This headset should be roughly the same price as your V2 & should also be purchasable. It just depends if you like closed headsets or not :)

I hope this helps.

http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-5hv3

Thanks for all the quick replies :D

Amazon.de links are fine, yeah, most of the stuff from that ships to Austria too.

The Audiotechnica are unfortunately severly out of my price bracket, but thanks for the suggestion.

Both the Pioneer SE A 1000 and 5hv3 look like good options for me, and both come in at competitive prices. My main concern with the Pioneers would be the soundbleed, since they're open. Do you own them or do you know someone who owns them that could estimate how bad the soundbleed is in practice? I listen to music at what I'd call above average volume and I don't want to be a bother to people on the subway.

I think I could easily adjust to the change in sound signature that both the headsets would have as compared to the V2s. I will check over the next couple of days if I can swipe a pair of them cheap, thanks again for the quick help :)

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B007SP2CO2?pc_redir=1404807133&robot_redir=1

Are those the Monoprice headphones you meant? There's one offer from the UK which seems to sell them ridiculously cheap.

That looks like the right ones.

Another option could be the ATH-M20X.