Good desktop recording software

SemiSolid1

What is a good recording software for the pc to record games it needs to record in hd and prefer if it automatically compressed the video file for a low price or free

Fraps,camtasia,bandicam all of those are good and i heard of this thing called pirating but have never done it so yeah. ;)

Fraps' date='camtasia,bandicam all of those are good and i heard of this thing called pirating but have never done it so yeah. ;)[/quote']

I know camtasia doesn't compress the file but do the others?

Get dxtory. Alot more customizations compared to frpas, you can also use custom codecs (also get codecs wich you can use to compres) record in any resolution (olay in 1080p, record in 720p for example), and if your hdd is limiting your fps, you can split the files to multiple drives, eliminating the hdd bottleneck, you can use multiple audio sources and even have own streams for them (someone spamming in ts surig important recording, well just cut it ot eithout cutting ingame voice), and have diferent setting for diferen games. You can even have diferent profiles for diferent games. Combine the dxtory with xplit or ffsplit and you can even stream using it.

It is alot vetter than any other recordig. Software out there, only problem is proce, and the fact that free version, wich has all the featurea, has huge dxtory watermark on the video. But if you buy it orwtht ma.

Don't save recorded files on same drive (SSD or HDD as OS) and you are good. I use Dxtory.

"Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys."

I'm pirate. U ban me Linus?