Poor mans bitfenix prodigy

Yh so i decided to build my first gaming pc in the bitfenix prodigy with only about £100 in my account lol.

I ended up spending just over £1300 on the following and made all this money buy selling my cannon 600D, Canon EF 70-300 mm F/4-5.6 IS USM Lens and my Sigma EX 10-20 mm f/4.0-5.6 HSM DC Lens Canon so when i do post pics it will be coming from my iphone 5  :D (sorry).

Parts include:

CPU: i5 4690k           £158                                         (Received)

Mobo: asus z97i-plus     £105                                     (Coming this Thursday)

Ram: Dominator platinum 8gb 2400mhz  £80             (Received)

CPU cooler: Corsair H80i  £62                                    (Received)

PSU: Corsair RM650w  £70                                         (Coming this Thursday)

GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 780 Ghz editon  £370                   (Not yet purchased)

Ssd: Samsung evo 250gb  £80                                   (Received)

Case: Bitfenix prodigy  £70                                         (Not yet purchased)

Speakers: Logetech Z506  £49                                   (Received)

Mouse: razer deathadder 2013  £30                           (Already had)

Keyboard: Ducky shine 3 magenta mx browns  £100 (Already had)

Monitor: Acer H236HLBmjd   £135                              (Coming july 14th)

Total Price: £1309

This ain't a poor mans build mate! This is a really nice build would love to see the result.

If that defines a poor person.

Yh i'm trying to state the fact that i was before and had to sell stuff to afford it  :P

Not too shaby but :

Mobo: asus z97i-plus     £105                                     (Coming this Thursday) Gold...

Ram: Dominator platinum 8gb 2400mhz  £80             (Received) Why? Overpriced as fuck and disgusting.

CPU cooler: Corsair H80i  £62                                    (Received) NZXT X41... 

Yh i'm trying to state the fact that i was before and had to sell stuff to afford it  :P

I think most of us have to do such things to pay for our builds.

Not too shaby but :

Mobo: asus z97i-plus     £105                                     (Coming this Thursday) Gold...

Ram: Dominator platinum 8gb 2400mhz  £80             (Received) Why? Overpriced as fuck and disgusting.

CPU cooler: Corsair H80i  £62                                    (Received) NZXT X41... 

Almost all of your components are also overpriced as fuck so let him..

£1309... poor mans build? 

Wait what? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Not too shaby but :

I disagree regrading the ram, over here in the uk the average 8gb 1600mhz ram goes for around £60 so the extra £20 for 2400mhz dominator platinum's i do believe is a good price (I'm going for aesthetics aswell).

Regarding the mobo yes i know its gold but its the best mitx mobo at that price, all the rest (gigabyte and msi) have the overly used black/red theme which i didn't want.

Lastly i just prefer the h80i over the NZXT x41

That's just a personal opinion

I personally like the looks of dominator's

No No No

£1309... poor mans build? 

Wait what? 

^^^ Yes look i was but had to sell expensive items to afford this

^^^ Yes look i was but had to sell expensive items to afford this

Whyyyyy why would you sell that beautiful camera and its lenses? The Canon 600D is a great camera. T.T 

You still spend tons of money on it so it technically isn't a poor mans build. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Not too shaby but :

You really don't have room to talk about stuff being overpriced.  

I guess since you're a prodigy psychology student you can do whatever you want.

Can't wait to see pics :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Whyyyyy why would you sell that beautiful camera and its lenses? The Canon 600D is a great camera. T.T 

You still spend tons of money on it so it technically isn't a poor mans build. 

The lenses i luckily got for free from college  :D they where literally throwing them away and the 600d which i had for about 2 years i got used for £200 and sold it for £250 

You really don't have room to talk about stuff being overpriced.  

I guess since you're a prodigy psychology student you can do whatever you want.

That's kind of true but I had reasons to get Titan Blacks. :P I needed the Vram as I used to game a 4k. Also Ram is ram so... Also am I'm hearing some envy here or is that just you being mad at me? :P (Also let's try to not fight in this thread.) 

That's kind of true but I had reasons to get Titan Blacks. :P I needed the Vram as I used to game a 4k. Also Ram is ram so... Also am I'm hearing some envy here or is that just you being mad at me? :P (Also let's try to not fight in this thread.) 

Ehh no worries.  Each person has their own special needs when it comes to choosing PC components.  Sorry for being so quick to start arguments :P

Yh so my build kinda got delayed. The rm psu i bought was sold as 'Brand new' from a seller on amazon but when it came i was obviously used for many months, had so much dirt inside so i sent that back and had to get a cx600m only for now though. So i got everything now apart from the case which arrives tomorrow  :D.

gpCUkB6.jpg

Lookin forward to see how this looks when it's all put together, I think the combination of black, silver, and golds will look pretty slick.

Me to  :P

I live in the Uk so i bought it from cclonline for £100

Thanks, I live in Norway, so I'll be buying from mechanicalkeyboards.com

Appreciate it :)