What Power Supply Should I Use?

0UKIM

I'm planning to build a gaming desktop, and I couldn't figure out which power supply I should use.

Here is the list of the products I want to buy:

MSI Z97M Gaming LGA1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i5-4690K Haswell Quad Core 3.5Ghz LGA 1150

Gigabyte GV-N780OC-3GD REV2.0 GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-Bit WindForce 3X 450W

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 X 4GB) DDR3 2133MHz

Noctua NH-D14 120mm

Fractal Design Arc Mini R2

3 x 120mm Noctua Fan NF-F12 PWM

1 x 140mm Noctua Fan NF-A14 PWM

Intel DC S3500 120GB SATA III MLC SSD

WD Black Series WD2003FZEX 2TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA6.0Gb/s HDD

How much power do I need? And I'd like a recommendation of which product I should buy.

Also, I chose mATX for compactness, would this affect any of the performance? 

It will draw like 430watts under full load, a CX500 or RM 550 from Corsair will be good, or any equivalent.

Since your using all Noctua fans im guessing you want a quit build so would  go for the RM550 since the Zero fan mode means that it wont turn on the PSU fan unless you go over 40% load so probably only when your gaming

The only difference between a politician and a criminal in patience . A criminal will try to take everything immediately where as a politician known to take it one small piece at a time

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I do want a quiet build and plan to lightly overclock the CPU. 

I was looking at multiple websites and came across a feeling that Corsair's RM series PSUs are not in production anymore.

Am I right or wrong? 

What do you think about getting GS600, TX650, or HX650 for my build?

Again, thanks for the replies :)

RM Series might not be in production but they're far from being discontinued/obsolete. You can still find them everywhere and Corsair still honours the warranty. The price is generally high and the capacitor quality is low.

The GS Series isn't very impressive. You can do better. The TX Series is maybe a bit better, though it's old and discontinued. The HX650 is still good, as long as it's one of the Gold certified ones. Not a new series, but should still be covered under warranty. The HX650 in particular is Seasonic-made, based on their G Series 650W.

Speaking of the G Series, that's another good option. As is the XFX XTR 650W that's also based on the G Series. 

Which store or website would you be buying from? Budget?

Now I am looking at the EVGA's SuperNOVA G1 650W, XFX's 650W and Seasonic's G650W. Since they are both seasonic made, it should perform almost same right?

And is going fully modular worth the extra money?

Thanks for help you're giving guys

I think the only real reason the go fully modular is a smaller case with limited space or esthetics like custom sleeved cables or super clean cable runs. Seasonic's G650W.and the XFX XTR 650W are both solid options personally i would go for the Seasonic as my personal experiences with XFX customer support have being bad

The only difference between a politician and a criminal in patience . A criminal will try to take everything immediately where as a politician known to take it one small piece at a time

hi guys i am new to the forum my question is i have a thermaletake tr2 rx 750w and i bought it back in 2012 with my pc components for my first build i read on newegg some pretty bad reviews on it and baught a power supply tester to test it and it tested good would you trust it and have you heard of the thermaletake tr2 rx 750w thanks.