Will more radiators decrease loop temps? If so, to what extent?

Hi all.

I recently installed my watercooling loop, consisting of a 3x120mm XSPC RX Radiator (the thick ones), a Koolance 290x block, and an XSPC Raystorm block, and my temps were so low that I've overclocked the system to buggery.

But I now notice during EXTREME load that my temps are hovering around 60, and since I plan to crossfire, I want to reduce that as much as possible so my loop isnt too hot with 2 cards. 

So, would adding another RX radiator (2x120) lower temps? If so, how much by?

It should decrease temperatures a bit, because you have another cooling source. Not really sure how much it will decrease the temps, because I'm not much of a watercooling guy, but it definitely should help.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Temperatures can only go as low as the ambient temperature around the computer going into the radiator.  As such, with more radiators comes a larger surface area, which translates to a quicker rate of heat dissipation.  So in lay terms, having more radiators and/or surface area basically allows the heat generating components to transfer its energy much  more efficiently.  

With regards to your set up and question about your upgrade path, I think it's safe to say that you'll see a large temperature differential after water-cooling.  Like, anywhere from 20-25c drop per graphics card.

Hi all.

I recently installed my watercooling loop, consisting of a 3x120mm XSPC RX Radiator (the thick ones), a Koolance 290x block, and an XSPC Raystorm block, and my temps were so low that I've overclocked the system to buggery.

But I now notice during EXTREME load that my temps are hovering around 60, and since I plan to crossfire, I want to reduce that as much as possible so my loop isnt too hot with 2 cards. 

So, would adding another RX radiator (2x120) lower temps? If so, how much by?

@Leon KJT covered the bulk of things. You'll definitely need more rad surface area than 3 x 120 for an overclocked CPU and 2 290X's. A 3 x 120 and 2 x 120 is enough to cool this future setup but it probably won't give you sub <50, again this also depends on ambient air temps. If you want very low temps, another 360 or a 480 if you have the space. Ambient temps permitting of course.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.