Hi,

.. any recommanded video player (free or not) that can help me playing the damaged or even corrupted video files?

VLC is pretty good, it even play files like .ogg and stuff

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

VLC is pretty good, it even play files like .ogg and stuff

vlc.

VLC

haha :) .. I obviously do use it.. but it doesn't help me with damaged or corrupted video files.

If your files are too badly damaged, there might not be any player which can play them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Open the file in a hex editor, sometimes there is stuff in the header that can be added if missing (sometimes just changing the wrapper type can work as well). You can open up a different file of the same type and compare them side by side. Just don't overwrite the original file, and don't expect miracles. This has worked for me fewer times with movies than it has with archives.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.